jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Dec. 23, 2014 15:07:02

joeltang
Profile   Send e-mail  

best way to connect a roland td15?

When I plug my USB for my td115 it acts as my soundcard. I was hoping this would provide the audio input instantly but hey. I guess not. Is my only solution to pipe the audio into my sound card?

#2 Dec. 23, 2014 18:20:49

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

joeltang
When I plug my USB for my td115 it acts as my soundcard. I was hoping this would provide the audio input instantly but hey. I guess not. Is my only solution to pipe the audio into my sound card?

Hi joeltang,
Are you using the Roland TD-15 V-Drums?

The TD-15 manual from Roland's website says the USB connection transmits audio from the V-Drums to your computer for recording. This is exactly what jammr needs.

Here is the suggested setup:
1. Connect your TD-15 to the computer using the USB cable.
2. Start jammr after about 5 seconds to leave your computer enough time to recognize the new USB device and load Roland's sound drivers.
3. In jammr, go to File | Settings… | Sound to select the TD-15's input sound device. Then select the output device of your choice, for example, your PC speakers.
4. Go to File | Connect… to join a jam session. You should now hear your drums.

If you have problems, please describe what is wrong (audio glitches, no audio, etc) and when (after joining a jam session). Also go to Help | Show log… and copy-paste the technical information here (it will help me understand your computer's sound configuration).

Good luck and hope to jam soon,
Stefan

#3 Feb. 28, 2015 23:05:10

f1l
Profile   Send e-mail  

I have a Roland FP-7 piano that i try to use in a similar way, only I intended to use windows software (pianotech) to provide the sampling for the midi signal. To my understanding, selecting “stereo mix (IDT High definition codec)” as input device should do the trick. However, the jam session partners couldnt hear anything of my play. I tried switching over from “windows audio” to “direct sound” in the Pianotech software's ‘audio device type’ setting, without success. I checked my sound I could always hear myself as well as the other musicians, but they could never hear me.

Any ideas? And is there a way to test this online somehow without having to wait for the next jam session?

#4 March 1, 2015 05:46:05

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Just schedule the day and hour for the test jam. I am at home today so I can tell you if I hear your piano. You also can hear your own piano if you mark playback my audio in the settings window.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (March 1, 2015 14:52:01)

#5 March 2, 2015 20:41:01

Deathmetaldrums
Profile   Send e-mail  

i have the same issue with my yamaha drums

#6 March 2, 2015 22:30:09

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

f1l
I have a Roland FP-7 piano that i try to use in a similar way, only I intended to use windows software (pianotech) to provide the sampling for the midi signal.

In order for this to work you need to load the Pianoteq VST plugin inside jammr. If you just had jammr and Pianoteq running side by side that doesn't work because the programs don't know about each other and cannot share the audio.

You need to select your MIDI input device in File | Settings… | MIDI.

Then go to File | Settings… | Effect plugins and load the Pianoteq VST plugin. You'll need to set the VST plugin search path to the directory containing the Pianoteq VST plugin and then click Scan so jammr can detect the Pianoteq plugin. Then you can add the plugin.

Stefan

#7 March 2, 2015 22:31:07

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Deathmetaldrums
i have the same issue with my yamaha drums

Did you go to File | Settings… | Audio and select your drums as the input device?

Board footer

Moderator control