jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 21, 2015 09:13:51

Cri
Profile   Send e-mail  

Automatically save chat logs (client side)

Hi, a small suggestion: it would be nice if the jammr client could automatically save chat logs in the user jammr working directory when a session ends.

BTW: I've noticed that for each session a directory tree like 20150420_2245.wahjam/ gets created in my ~/.local/share/jammr/jammr but it's actually empty: what's the purpose of this?

Instruments: one-handed keyboards, percussions, found objects :P

#2 April 21, 2015 21:00:40

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Cri
it would be nice if the jammr client could automatically save chat logs in the user jammr working directory when a session ends.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cri
BTW: I've noticed that for each session a directory tree like 20150420_2245.wahjam/ gets created in my ~/.local/share/jammr/jammr but it's actually empty: what's the purpose of this?

If the directory isn't cleaned up on shtudown that is a bug. While jammr is running segments of audio are temporarily placed in that directory.

#3 April 22, 2015 10:24:36

Cri
Profile   Send e-mail  

stefanha
If the directory isn't cleaned up on shtudown that is a bug. While jammr is running segments of audio are temporarily placed in that directory.

Ah I see. Indeed while I was doing my tests the app sometimes crashed (or froze and I had to kill it), and didn't clean up the dirs. So I can safely remove them.

Instruments: one-handed keyboards, percussions, found objects :P

#4 April 23, 2015 08:29:17

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Yes, they can be removed.

Board footer

Moderator control