jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 6, 2015 15:04:14

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

"Email Jam"

talertim:
I put on my cloud drive account a portable port of musescore from portable apps website. Just unzip and run paf archive (no installation required). Also I added some extra notes to my score.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/587753ihiy5erg2/e-mail%20jam.zip?dl=0

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (April 6, 2015 15:06:26)

#2 April 29, 2015 13:31:23

strat123
Profile   Send e-mail  

"Email Jam"

talertim
Hey Folks,

Strat123: You should be the next one in the chain?!

Stefan: Thx for “startup” - Very nice backing!

By contributing you are licensing your audio under the same Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license that jammr uses.

Links:
Download Mix (.mp3)
Download Track (.aif)

Hi Tim,

I sit here with intent to reanimate our email jam project ans I think I'm ready to compile our work. Please could you verify your Link “Download Track (.aif)”. I have problems to download your .aif-File because I get an error message from my browser (Downloading the mix works fine).

Best regards.

#3 April 29, 2015 17:02:06

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

#4 April 30, 2015 11:56:25

strat123
Profile   Send e-mail  

"Email Jam"

Hi,

I continued our jammr-forum-song and did several things:

-> the song is enlarged to 4.40 min., so there's enough space for the next ones.
-> I've put all tracks into an audacity project (free audio editor) so it's possible to record a track directly into it.
-> individual tracks are also available in a zip file (inlcuding Tims track, thanks Stefan)
-> and of course I've added a litte guitar part.

So who's the next??

By contributing you are licensing your audio under the same Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license that jammr uses.

Links:

mixed song
individual tracks
audacity project

#5 May 19, 2015 17:21:52

talertim
Profile   Send e-mail  

"Email Jam"

Dont worry. But i think the fade from Stefans to my part is changed. Now it sounds not similar to my imagines.

Anyway good job strat.

We should agree to rules sticked by Stefan and don't change the fades ( in german “Übergänge ”?!)

Plesse keep on this email jam !!!!!!

BR Tim

—————————————————————————————–
Instrument: Guitar (trainee)

#6 May 21, 2015 18:59:51

strat123
Profile   Send e-mail  

"Email Jam"

Hi Tim,

it wasn't my intention to botch our song, so sorry for that. But I think, the main problem is, that we don't use a common audio tool to combine all tracks in a proper way in one audio project. So the easiest way to avoid such unintentional changes is, that every track has the same timeline: Stefans tracks starts exactly after 2 seconds. After this time the song starts. What I've done is to add the 2 seconds to all tracks and, if required, an additional silent part at the beginning of each track, so they all can be overlayed without changings and without using proprietary audio software.
To cut a long story short please send me your single audio track again after you have included the muted part in the correct length at the beginning of your track, so that your part starts at the time you want it to start. Then I'll mix it again.

Best regards!

#7 May 22, 2015 10:42:21

talertim
Profile   Send e-mail  

"Email Jam"

Hi strat,

as written don't worry - all is fine .

I didn't know, that there should space between the parts. I played based on feeling and thought this will be continue also for the others. As the sound is change for each user, I thought this will make the different and will clarify the parts.

Anyway let me see if I have the time to make a new part - of course within a break.

Thank you.

BR Tim

—————————————————————————————–
Instrument: Guitar (trainee)

Board footer

Moderator control