jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Oct. 13, 2015 09:46:49

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

permanent "testing" channel

Problem: when I test my soundcard and I am alone on server I do not receive any recording in my e-mail box but if someone is joining my channel and also tests his computer with multiple connections in a short time I receive a lot of small recordings to my email. This is not the same during big band jams when there is only one file regardless of the number of connections which is better.

I am not much of a computer scientist and I don't know how big the cloud storage is but it would be nice to have on server a permanent test channel in order to have only a track in a testing session.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

#2 Oct. 16, 2015 07:51:32

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Only jam sessions with 2 or more people are recorded. When two people are jamming and one of them disconnects, it causes the recording to end. This is why you can get multiple recordings if the other person keeps reconnecting.

There is a short grace period between the end of the recording, so if the user reconnects quickly enough the recording continues.

Do you think increasing the grace period to ~1 minute would help or are you asking about something else?

#3 Oct. 16, 2015 17:24:11

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

stefanha
There is a short grace period between the end of the recording, so if the user reconnects quickly enough the recording continues.

Do you think increasing the grace period to ~1 minute would help or are you asking about something else?
You understood perfect the problem of that short recordings arrived from audio settings. I notice that I am the only user not happy with them. If other users will chat about this problem too I hope they will propose a solution too. If you think that they are not disturbing you can keep them as they are. I will try first to avoid short recordings by connecting to a private session in order to test the instrument alone, not visible to others.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Board footer

Moderator control