jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 June 19, 2016 02:56:21

eleandar
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi all, new bassist and drummer

I'm new to jammr.

I play bass and drums in different styles.

It's been a long time since i start to search an internet solution to jam. But realtime jamming needs a lot of bandwidth and a speedy connection …

I don't know what to think about jammr.

I ‘m not sure to understand the How it works explanation => the interval notion.

If there are interval at fix amount of time then if the lag time is greater than the interval time, we cannot here that musician while we are playing.

So when we play, there’s good chance that we can't listen to some musician (depending on lag time) but as we have a metronome we can record a “live” in sync ?

That's the way it works ?

I apologise for my bad english …

BR,
eleandar

Edited eleandar (June 19, 2016 09:49:13)

#2 June 19, 2016 18:49:00

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi all, new bassist and drummer

eleandar
I ‘m not sure to understand the How it works explanation => the interval notion.
me too, but surely it is less important than just jamming. you will find a way to choose the right bpi and bpm in “vote” tab of the main application to fit your style.

try first a 4/4 song at 120 bpm with the integrated metronome on… that means 16 bpi. play in the first metronome bit the first note in the chord progression. after you reach the 16th bit the metronome will loop from the first note again and you finish one interval that is sent to the others…

follow the others, for me is interesting to hear the whole band… you hear the others in the same way, after they play their interval the server delivers it to you. try to listen and follow the others sounds. if there are drums instead of metronome follow the drum bits.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (June 23, 2016 15:16:21)

Board footer

Moderator control