jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Aug. 8, 2016 13:45:08

Edstar221
Profile   Send e-mail  

Changing Input in Mac OSX?

When I go up to my preferences in Jammr I can't seem to Change my input or add a midi input. I would like to run a midi instrument through a SI in Logic Pro X and take that into Jammr but I can't figure out how to do that. Anyone know how to do that? When I try to change input in my Jammr preferences the preferences window is faded out as if the window weren't selected and I can't use any of the controls. Anyone know what's going on?

#2 Aug. 8, 2016 23:02:41

Edstar221
Profile   Send e-mail  

Ok, I figured out how to change my input, but I still need a way to get logic into Jammr

#3 Aug. 10, 2016 14:44:17

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi edstar221,
Try http://jackosx.com/. It lets you send audio between programs like Logic, MainStage, etc.

The “jackpilot” program has a user interface for connecting virtual audio cables between the apps. It looks a bit ugly and might take a little while to figure out but you can save a preset and load it again in the future.

I run the following chain:

System input -> MainStage -> Garageband -> jammr -> System output

Remember that you need to press “Start” in jackpilot and then go to Logic, jammr, etc to select the JACK virtual soundcard. That means Logic and jammr shouldn't use the real soundcard, they should use the JACK soundcard.

Stefan

#4 Aug. 10, 2016 15:56:25

Edstar221
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hey thanks a lot! I got jackOSX an it's taking a while to figure out but I think it will work. Really appreciate it stefanha

Board footer

Moderator control