just4fun
Profile   Send e-mail  

Number Of Users

Deleted

#2 March 10, 2017 15:33:50

HighAction

Number Of Users

The reson you have only seen more than a dozen at a time is
i dont think you can Squeeze 26000 people in one jam.

Plus a lot of those are Proberbly Fake Troll Accounts.

#3 March 10, 2017 21:33:00

just4fun
Profile   Send e-mail  

Number Of Users

Deleted

#4 March 11, 2017 13:40:17

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Number Of Users

just4fun
I wonder if there may be 25000 bogus or inactive accounts. Still curious.
😃
jammr is an amazing app with unique features on the net. for me (i am supposed to be a beginner but now i have two years here so i am already an amateur) jams became too professional to join. when i join a jam session i surely ruin that. so jammr evolved for good musicians only. they must be able to:
1. to know how to jam (very difficult)
2. how to use a laptop.
3. to practice in rock and roll or jazz fields.
i think these steps are also limitations for the new musicians to join so the answer is simple, the two dosens of users on jammr are the best musicians in the word that can fill these abilities.

for my part i like a lot jammr but i think i must migrate toward a simple score reading (as i said the jammr evolved so new musicians are enough to make a succesfull jam). the result is that the sound of jams is great so this is very hard to imitate if someone is not an experienced musician.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (March 11, 2017 15:23:35)

#5 March 11, 2017 16:09:56

just4fun
Profile   Send e-mail  

Number Of Users

Deleted

#6 March 11, 2017 16:58:57

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Number Of Users

just4fun
Do you have any suggestions for correcting this? I am not so certain musicianship is the chief problem.
first of all it is nice to tell your friends about jammr (as it is posted in the subscription form) and these friends must be initiated how to use the app. and second to schedule a chord progression list and tasks for a future jam in other hours from official meetings in order to learn chords and scales previously the jam. and of course to schedule some covers of public domain songs to play around a famous theme…
and why not to write thoughts here about new ideas if you started this new topic. the admin staff made such a big effort to code this app and it can be very useful for musicians…

what i do to lean is to use the old jams as backing tracks and of course i show to my friends what i consider my successful jams because i am honored to be accepted in a band with very good musicians (even a simple task in a band is very interesting for me, i don't know how it is for the others).

the listeners are mainly interested in famous songs but friends are more committed to my songs and they really appreciate the band. more than 100 friends already listened to jammr songs and they were very impressed by the quality of the songs. may be one day they will start to learn to play an instrument as i started two years ago.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (March 11, 2017 19:21:11)

#7 March 11, 2017 17:22:15

just4fun
Profile   Send e-mail  

Number Of Users

Deleted

#8 June 2, 2017 13:52:04

FastFrets
Profile   Send e-mail  

Number Of Users

THE POST STARTED ABOUT THE NUMBER OF JAMERS. I also find it hard to find or see jammers
Where are they? The rooms are vacant, like to see more people.

#9 June 3, 2017 13:16:50

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Number Of Users

FastFrets: If you are having trouble finding people to jam with, try joining during the official weekly jam times on Fridays and Saturdays around 19:00 UTC.

Feel free to announce your own jams ahead of time on the “Jam sessions” sub-forum so people can join. Here is a tutorial:
https://forum.jammr.net/topic/386/

Board footer

Moderator control