jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 July 11, 2017 07:34:11

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Networking Error (Mac OS X Sierra)

I have tried VoiceOver now. Here is what I found:

The Connect dialog has a table of jam sessions that you can connect to. It also has the “New jam” and “Connect” buttons.

The “Connect” button is disabled when the dialog first opens. One of the available jam sessions in the table must be clicked with the mouse to enable the “Connect” button. Selecting a jam session using the keyboard (Up and Down keys) does not enable the “Connect” button.

The keyboard focus is on the “New jam” button when the dialog first opens. This is why you are connected to a private jam when trying to enter a public jam.

In theory you can join a public jam as follows:
1. Press the down arrow so the first row of the jam sessions table is selected.
2. Move the mouse pointer to the keyboard focus and then click the mouse using VO-Shift-Space.
3. Now the “Connect” button is enabled and reachable using keyboard focus (Tab) or probably VoiceOver too.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete these steps because I don't know how to move the mouse pointer to the keyboard focus using VoiceOver. Doing so would allow you to click the jam session in the table so that the “Connect” button is enabled.

Do you think that is possible?

#2 July 12, 2017 02:07:56

KC3CDV
Profile   Send e-mail  

I enabled the mouse keys and that should have in theory fixed the problem, however in practice I still could not get it to work, I am guessing something broke in the QT based system on the last update.

#3 July 12, 2017 06:40:29

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

I'll work on a fix for the next jammr update.

#4 July 12, 2017 11:26:12

Ravencroft
Profile   Send e-mail  

Everything seems to be good to go on my end now, as well as on my Windows machine running the same version. Will update soon. Thanks stefanha - It is appreciated!

#5 July 22, 2017 10:01:38

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

KC3CDV
I enabled the mouse keys and that should have in theory fixed the problem, however in practice I still could not get it to work, I am guessing something broke in the QT based system on the last update.

Hi KC3CDV,
jammr 1.2.9 beta 1 has been released with a fix for the Connect dialog accessibility issues. You can find details here:
https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1133/

Stefan

#6 July 27, 2017 19:44:39

KC3CDV
Profile   Send e-mail  

I was able to have a jam session, not sure about connecting to different servers though. when I logged in I hit up and down keys and not sure if it was switching servers, all I know at this point is I joined a session that was a cross between doom metal and hard rock, of corse I had to joine and make some noise as well. great stuff, thank you.

#7 July 28, 2017 05:53:53

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks for confirming, KC3CDV. The final version of the update will be released soon for everyone.

Stefan

Board footer

Moderator control