jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 March 27, 2018 01:21:58

funkey
Profile   Send e-mail  

hi I´m funkey

Keyboard Player on intermediate Level. Got my professional education in the capital of Music, the one and only here in Europe. I started with classical piano at the Age of 6 , later professional jazz college with all the theory, Bigband, small Ensemble etc. Played as a professional musician for nearly 15 years. After a break of several years caused by the job in an american company followed by founding my own company , I restarted to play jazz standards, soul, blues, rock and every style which is funky with several bands. I play sessions once a week with all kinds of musicians and all Levels of skills in our friend´s studio every saturday evening, there are TB of reordings from the last 10 years. Live gigs have been reduced to an acceptable number/year, in the past we played more than 100 gigs/year, sometimes 10 gigs in 14 days or three an a single weekend, mostly at different Locations. The all times high score: 3 gigs on a single day, with different bands, the locations 200 km apart of each other.
It started for me at 6 o´clock in the morning (marriage) , the last gig started at 11 pm in the evening, (a Gala like Berlinale, broadcast and TV) with the Soul Bigband. Everything live, no sequencer on stage - never ever.

If we are talking about real piano, I like Boesendorfer, than Fazioli and than Steinway. Boesendorfer is the Nr. 1 for me. It´s a real animal - it can be silent like a mouse and roar like a Lion, the bass can cause earthquakes.

I had the fortune to play real Hammond, Wurlitzer, Rhodes and HohnerD6 and nearly all the 70´s and 80´s analog synths, even not my instruments.

My Equipment for playing live is reduced to a Kurzweil piano and a synth (hammonds, epianos, clavi, strings, synth…).

At home there is a Moog Sub 37 with MF104 delay, a Kurzweil K2600 and PC3, Yamaha CS70-M and SK30,both from the early 80´s, RME Audio Interface and for the drums a Boss DR-880 and a Roland MC505. There is also a DX-7 which I rarely use.

On friday evenings we make electronic sessions with friends once a month or so. I have no fear to play wrong notes and try to design the analog sounds live till they fit for me. If you hear strange sounds you never heard before, please forgive me for the inconvenience, I like experiments - without a net and without the pretention of professionality, sometimes I just like to play like a child.

Edited funkey (March 27, 2018 02:11:26)

#2 March 28, 2018 10:06:36

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

hi I´m funkey

Nice gear, sounds like a lot of fun to play around with and get cool sounds!

Board footer

Moderator control