jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Aug. 2, 2018 05:12:05

captainswarthy
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can't get this to work...?

I'm not sure of the nature of this problem but I will explain what I can:

Two of us in the same town, more or less. I am using a Windows 7 machine, the other guy a recent-model Apple laptop. If I set up the jam, I can hear both of us but I got kicked off the server every three minutes due to an “authentication” error and had to keep re-entering my credentials. The other guy could join but could not hear me at all (mute not checked). When he tried setting up the jam, it never appeared on my jam list, although it showed up on his.

Any advice on how to go from this to something workable would be welcome.

#2 Aug. 3, 2018 15:47:35

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can't get this to work...?

captainswarthy
I'm not sure of the nature of this problem but I will explain what I can:Two of us in the same town, more or less. I am using a Windows 7 machine, the other guy a recent-model Apple laptop. If I set up the jam, I can hear both of us but I got kicked off the server every three minutes due to an “authentication” error and had to keep re-entering my credentials. The other guy could join but could not hear me at all (mute not checked). When he tried setting up the jam, it never appeared on my jam list, although it showed up on his. Any advice on how to go from this to something workable would be welcome.

Hi,
Sorry you're having problems with jammr. Regarding the authentication error, are you still experiencing this?

If the other user cannot hear you please check the following:
1. Is the “Send” button enabled in the lower right corner of your jammr window. This button determines whether your audio is sent to other users.
2. Can the other user hear the metronome when they enable it (the button is in the bottom right corner of the jammr window and works while you are connected to a jam).

Stefan

Board footer

Moderator control