jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Oct. 29, 2018 13:34:57

Calv
Profile   Send e-mail  

I can't get any sound to go through Jammr

I use a Fender Squier Affinity Telecaster (electric guitar), plugged into my 15w Marshall amp, plugged into the line-in socket of my Sound Blaster Audigy RX sound card. I've checked all my sound settings in Windows 10 and it all works fine. I use FL Studio 20 as my DAW and Guitar Rig 5 as a VST. I use the ASIO driver by Creative that works best with my sound card. I've checked all my audio settings in FL Studio and it works fine as usual. So everything is normal but when I try to use Jammr there's no sound going through it.

This is what I do when trying to use Jammr: Windows is just on the desktop with nothing else running apart from background stuff in the system tray. I turn on my amp, turn up the volume on my guitar and I can hear it through my PC speakers when I play it. I load Jammr, sign in, skip connecting to a session, open the settings and add Guitar Rig 5 as a VST. Whether I use Windows Direct Sound or any of the other 3 modes no sound goes through my VST.

I've used Jammr in the past and it worked fine but nowadays whether I use the same settings as back then or any other settings no sound goes through it. I checked for a Jammr update but I noticed it's still version 1.2.8. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it anyway but it made no difference. I've tried restarting my PC but still no.

Also I tried using FL Studio as a VST but it didn't load at all in Jammr. It doesn't matter if I use a VST or not though because there's still no sound. I've no idea what else to do. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

#2 Oct. 29, 2018 20:04:00

HighAction

Hi calv

From your problem sound to me like you got the Dreaded Listen to My Audio box Ticked in windows
Control Panel > Sound > Recording Tab > Record Device > Listen Tab > Untick this box

Listen to this device sould never realy be on and only used for trouble shooting
most programs will open the audio channel for you in a much cleaner way without the latency
that usely come along with listening to audio this way.

Also make sure you have set jammr to listen back to audio in the Jammr > Setting > Audio > Playback my audio

One Last thing jammr only supports 32bit VSTs for you will need to install Guitar Rig 32bit version to using within jammr

Good Luck

HighAction

#3 Oct. 29, 2018 22:45:21

Calv
Profile   Send e-mail  

I checked the “listen to” box and it was unticked. “Playback my audio” is ticked in Jammr and I've been using the 32bit VST of Guitar Rig aswell. Thanks for the suggestions but it doesn't seem to be any of those things.

#4 Nov. 1, 2018 17:26:55

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Audio is only enabled during a jam session, so make sure you're connected to a jam for testing audio.

To test your audio playback, make sure the metronome button is enabled in the bottom right corner of the jammr window while you're in a jam session.

If you are still having trouble please go to Help | Show log in jammr and post the technical information that gets displayed here so we can help. You can use copy-paste to post the technical info.

#5 Nov. 1, 2018 22:04:02

Calv
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks Stefanha. That worked and it's all fine now.

#6 March 29, 2020 10:42:28

nordine
Profile   Send e-mail  

hello from paris
i have exactly the same pbm : no sound at all when connected on a session
my conf is on windows 10 using also guitar rig and cubase through a tascam US200 sound card and loudspeakers connected on the sound card .
all other stuff working well with it .
I checked all points mentioned on this topic but still no sound from or others

#7 March 29, 2020 15:55:11

nordine
Profile   Send e-mail  

i found the pbme : solved ( hidden audio parameter in control panel )

#8 March 29, 2020 17:57:52

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

nordine

Glad that it's working now. Please note that jammr does not receive audio from other applications like GuitarRig or Cubase. You can load the GuitarRig VST plugin inside jammr though (File | Settings | Effect plugins).

#9 May 9, 2020 01:07:48

despinda
Profile   Send e-mail  

nordine

What was the hidden parameter? I am having the same issue I got it to work for a brief second then changed a setting in my audio interface (buffer) and bam!, no sound again.

#10 May 19, 2020 17:56:39

BullEarwig
Profile   Send e-mail  

Those of us who can't get things to work would appreciate hearing solutions in detail after others get things to work.

Board footer

Moderator control