jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Nov. 6, 2018 21:55:08

marcelblue
Profile   Send e-mail  

Marcelloblue new to jammr

Hello, I had my first jam today and it was great. Actually I didn't expect it worked so well with minimum latency.
Ready to join other jams.

#2 Nov. 7, 2018 20:23:47

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

marcelblue
Hello, I had my first jam today and it was great. Actually I didn't expect it worked so well with minimum latency.
I am not a computer scientist but if you are interested in latency I found out from the site owner that this system is a highly designed software where latency is put in the service of music making any musician to sing with another over the internet but it is not low latency…

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (Nov. 8, 2018 07:57:57)

#3 Nov. 16, 2018 15:13:06

marcelblue
Profile   Send e-mail  

Eventually I realised that the system adopts an interval-based approach to overcome latency issue.

Now I'm curious to know if the new Fiber Optic technology called FTTH that is expected to give higher speed (1Gb download 200Mb upload) will eventually give us the possibility to jam in real real-time!

#4 Nov. 23, 2018 10:12:39

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Probably not in the foreseeable future if you want to jam with people around the world. From the jammr Frequently Asked Questions:

Why is jammr not real time?

At the speed of light it takes 67 milliseconds to go half-way across the world. This means jamming with someone halfway across the world would be noticably laggy. Therefore, to ensure that you can jam with people from all over the world without delay we use intervals.

Board footer

Moderator control