jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Sept. 4, 2019 20:30:50

keymastEr
Profile   Send e-mail  

Could someone please explain to me how this works

Now that I've installed Jammr on my laptop. Where do I go from there? Obviously I managed to find the forum. I clicked on a user's post that had a few recordings he would like someone to add bass and/or keys. So, I clicked one of the tracks and it basically saved it to my computer. Now, I have a keyboard (Yamaha 660) and a Focusrite interface. I know how to hook everything to my laptop. I usually mess around with audacity. So, where do I go from there? Do I just use audacity to add my track to his recording or does Jammr work the same way audacity works? If jammr does, then does it pop up with some kind of mixing board like audacity, or is there a link somewhere here? If I do have to do it on audacity, then save it to my computer, what do I do with it? Send it back to the original user, I'm assuming?

#2 Sept. 5, 2019 07:07:36

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi keymastEr,
jammr is live. You can play your keyboard directly into jammr with other musicians playing their instruments too.

Just launch the jammr program you install and connect to a jam session. A good time to find people online is 19:00 UTC (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190905T19&p1=1440).

#3 Sept. 6, 2019 21:10:16

keymastEr
Profile   Send e-mail  

Ok, stefanha. Thank you for the reply

#4 March 13, 2020 16:20:16

Grandote
Profile   Send e-mail  

keymastEr
Ok, stefanha. Thank you for the reply
Hi!
I just launched the jammr program once installed, and tried to connect to a friend's jam session, but my partner's jam doesn't appears in the window…how do i get to play with him?
Thank you in advance!!
Grandote

#5 March 13, 2020 17:50:48

D4ni3L
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hey Grandote,
if your friend started a new jam he has to set it to “open to everyone….” in “Acces Control”.

Easier is to try out is joining a public jam.

See you,
Daniel

#6 March 15, 2020 00:52:05

Nancy
Profile   Send e-mail  

There doesn't seem to be any way to click in. I don't see any controls and no jams. A hand please.

#7 March 15, 2020 10:08:54

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi Nancy,
After logging in you should see a Connect dialog where you can select from a list of available jam sessions. There are always public jam sessions running and they should show up. Did you find the Connect dialog?

#8 March 20, 2020 02:40:26

johnlanoo
Profile   Send e-mail  

D4ni3L
Hey Grandote,if your friend started a new jam he has to set it to “open to everyone….” in “Acces Control”.Easier is to try out is joining a public jam.See you,Daniel

Access Control is greyed out

#9 March 20, 2020 08:40:39

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

johnlanoo
Access Control is greyed out

The Admin menu items are only available to the admin (owner) of a private jam. You cannot take admin actions in a public jam or in someone else's private jam. Are you sure you are the admin of this jam?

#10 March 28, 2020 03:03:25

stevepowell
Profile   Send e-mail  

The Admin menu items are only available to the admin (owner) of a private jam. You cannot take admin actions in a public jam or in someone else's private jam. Are you sure you are the admin of this jam?

how does one become the admin of a private jam

Board footer

Moderator control