jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Technical support
  • » so many problems. many disconnections. Never any instrument sound. Lucky if I get a metronome before it disconnects again. [RSS Feed]

#1 March 21, 2020 23:55:49

Kozmuck
Profile   Send e-mail  

so many problems. many disconnections. Never any instrument sound. Lucky if I get a metronome before it disconnects again.

Hi, I've yet to be able to use this. The subject says it all. After starting new jam, I got an authorization disconnect several times. Then finally it sticks, but no metronome sound. Turn off the jam, try again. Another disconnect. Try again, get the metronome but no instrument sound. Check my microphone on the computer and it's working there perfectly but nothing in Jammr. Go back try again. authorization disconnect. Try again, get the metronome, no instrument sound. Then unexpected disconnect. (there are 2 different kinds of disconnect errors)

I am using a line level output from a guitar pre amplifier plugged into the audio in mic on my computer. As mentioned above, I confirmed there is audio going in on the Windows Sound Input settings.

I'm in Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

Also, are there any step by step instructions anywhere? I need to know what's my starting point? If I plug in my guitar am I supposed to be hearing my guitar through my computer even without Jammr? I don't. There are no levels anywhere that I can find that would show I have audio coming out in Jammr.

Edited Kozmuck (March 21, 2020 23:58:46)

#2 March 22, 2020 00:01:46

Kozmuck
Profile   Send e-mail  

so many problems. many disconnections. Never any instrument sound. Lucky if I get a metronome before it disconnects again.

I just got some sound but with lots of static. I changed the audio system to Windows WASPI instead of Windows Direct Sound. Too many static to actually want to use it though. And then it disconnected again.

Edited Kozmuck (March 22, 2020 00:02:18)

#3 March 22, 2020 10:15:21

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi Kozmuck,
Hang in there, once you get sound working you'll be able to jam!

Please go to Help | Show log after the jam fails and copy-paste the technical information that gets displayed here so I can review it. I'll be able to recommend sound settings for you.

Here is an overview of the jammr user interface: https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1727/
Here is a guide to having a successful jam: https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1724/

• Root
  • » Technical support
  • » so many problems. many disconnections. Never any instrument sound. Lucky if I get a metronome before it disconnects again.[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control