jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 March 25, 2020 09:50:13

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

User interface overview (what do these buttons do?!)

Klas
Hi!Trying out jammr on Macintosh (Catalina). Want to use the headphones, but the Audio Output (as well as input) is grayed and cannot be changed. Id there a way to fix this? Cheers

Sound settings cannot be changed while you are connected to a jam session. Please disconnect first by pressing the File | Disconnect menu item.

#2 March 25, 2020 18:31:02

darylstorey
Profile   Send e-mail  

I have downloaded the software, i am registered. I cannot for the life of me find the actual app. Secondly, can i record right onto the jam session or do i have to download something i've already recorded. i am familiar and have/had garageband, quicktime, etc and have worked with Bandhub before they went out of business. help! just went to send this and got a “server error” message. ack!

#3 March 26, 2020 19:32:34

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

darylstorey Did you install jammr after downloading it? On Mac you can open it by going to Finder (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finder_(software)), Applications, and then jammr will be one of the listed applications.

You do not need to use additional software with jammr. It doesn't connect to Garageband or other software. Instead, launch jammr on its own. You can select the input and output sound devices in the jammr | Preferences menu (similar to when you set up Garageband).

Hope this helps!

#4 March 30, 2020 08:57:38

AndyHowes

Is there a demo video anywhere which takes you through a session step-by-step and shows you how to actually set up and use the program in the same way that JamKazam does ? The little vids on the main page of Jammr don't actually tell you anything.

#5 April 2, 2020 15:19:20

nortonewart
Profile   Send e-mail  

Is it possible to keep the visual metronome on but mute the click?

#6 April 4, 2020 07:31:30

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

nortonewart
Is it possible to keep the visual metronome on but mute the click?

No, it's not possible.

Older versions of jammr did that but it caused confusion so it was removed. It's fairly common for jams with drums to not start exactly on jammr's metronome click - as long as they are at the same tempo as jammr's BPM setting they will be in sync. People using the visual metronome interpreted this as latency and tried to correct it by playing to the visual metronome, which in turn upset the rhythm for everyone else.

#7 April 4, 2020 07:32:46

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

AndyHowes
Is there a demo video anywhere which takes you through a session step-by-step and shows you how to actually set up and use the program in the same way that JamKazam does ? The little vids on the main page of Jammr don't actually tell you anything.

Hi AndyHowes,
That's a great idea and I hope that either we (jammr) or the community will create that content soon. At this time there are no tutorial videos yet.

#8 April 5, 2020 06:02:16

Mr_Tee
Profile   Send e-mail  

D4ni3L
@kpaard Go to admin and change the settings to “open for everyone”…@ Daniel hamburgDid you download an install the sotware?https://jammr.net/download.html

Hi there,
I have tried both “Only Open to these users” & entered my friend username AND “Open to everyone…” but in both scenarios, my friend couldn't see my jam.

#9 April 10, 2020 14:07:09

frankiednw
Profile   Send e-mail  

i have a mixer with a usb2.0 out. can i just plug that into my computer and have anything going through the mixer as input into jammr?

#10 April 10, 2020 16:11:40

gagarine
Profile   Send e-mail  

WHile jamming, after a while, the metronome sound turns off but the metronome bar still works. Is it intentionnal ? or a bug ?

Board footer

Moderator control