jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Technical support
  • » Password Authentication - Passwords with special characters not authenticating when logging in after activation. [RSS Feed]

#1 March 29, 2020 20:59:36

ggogos
Profile   Send e-mail  

Password Authentication - Passwords with special characters not authenticating when logging in after activation.

Hello all,

I created an account with a special character of the *&^%! variety included in the password. The account registered and activated fine with it.

When I attempted to log in with my credentials, I got a dialog box with an “Invalid/Username Password” or similar message.

When I reset my password to a more simpler one containing Characters and numbers, I was able to log in successfully.

Just putting this out there in case you need to tweak the security authentication to something a little stronger…

Thanks.

#2 March 31, 2020 08:51:44

andhai
Profile   Send e-mail  

Password Authentication - Passwords with special characters not authenticating when logging in after activation.

Thank you for letting us know! We are constantly trying to improve jammr with our small team

#3 March 31, 2020 10:16:57

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

ggogos
I created an account with a special character of the *&^%! variety included in the password. The account registered and activated fine with it. When I attempted to log in with my credentials, I got a dialog box with an “Invalid/Username Password” or similar message.

Hi ggogos,
I am unable to reproduce this problem with the following password “ab*&^%!cd”. Account registration, logging in on the website, and logging in from the jammr application work.

Maybe your password had some other characters? Please email me the exact password that caused the problem at stefanha@jammr.net. Thanks!

• Root
  • » Technical support
  • » Password Authentication - Passwords with special characters not authenticating when logging in after activation.[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control