jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 9, 2020 17:44:57

joec
Profile   Send e-mail  

Joe Cook - New User to Real-Time Rehearsals online

I am just trying to figure out the easiest way for my band (Friends Classic Rock) to be able to continue rehearsals with each other during this time of ‘Stay at Home’ shelter in place due to the Corona Virus (COVID-19).

We have an 8 piece band and various people have access to various platforms (ie: PC-Based/Windows 10, Apple IOS, Chromebook and cell phones only).

I have been spending an inordinate amount of time TRYING to get real-time rehearsing to work with just myself and one other user using another application.

We have 8 people in our band all located over about a 30 mile radius of each other. One of the members switches between Guitar and Keyboards.

We have:
4 horns (Sax, 2 trumpets, and Trombone)
1 Electric bass guitar
2 Electric Guitars
1 Full Set of drums.

I have been having challenges with trying to pick the correct Audio Interface for myself and the best and easiest for other members of the band.

#2 April 9, 2020 20:22:00

marcha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Joe Cook - New User to Real-Time Rehearsals online

My group and I are in the same boat- singers, ukelele, keyboard, drums, acoustic and electric guitars, bass and harmonica. We got 4 of us into a Jammr public jam last week but couldn't quite pull off rehearsing an actual song. Some of the open jams -not planned in advance- have been very nice, everyone seems to be able to play the same song and hear one another. So I'm confidant it's possible!

Board footer

Moderator control