jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 3, 2020 13:27:36

Nomis
Profile   Send e-mail  

git clone

Hi all,

I am new here and a musician in a band. Because of Corona-virus we have to stay home and will try to use jammr.

Because I am also a professional software-programmer I checkt out the sources and saw: WELL this is a Qt-project and I have a dozen years experience with Qt. So I tried to build the project (QtCreator/WINDOWS/VC2015). But a message appears: “OGG development package not found”. So I downloaded the libogg-1.3.4 - sources and built the library against VC2015 and added it in the pro-file. But the message still apears.

Can you give me a hint what to do ?

Best regards and thanks

Simon

#2 April 12, 2020 13:50:15

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

git clone

Nomis
Hi all,I am new here and a musician in a band. Because of Corona-virus we have to stay home and will try to use jammr. Because I am also a professional software-programmer I checkt out the sources and saw: WELL this is a Qt-project and I have a dozen years experience with Qt. So I tried to build the project (QtCreator/WINDOWS/VC2015). But a message appears: “OGG development package not found”. So I downloaded the libogg-1.3.4 - sources and built the library against VC2015 and added it in the pro-file. But the message still apears. Can you give me a hint what to do ?Best regards and thanksSimon

Hi Simon,
I use mxe (https://mxe.cc/) to cross-compile jammr for Windows from Linux. mxe has packages including libogg that make it easy to get the dependencies working.

It sounds like you are trying to build manually on Windows and are installing dependencies yourself. In that case it is important to configure the build environment so the compiler picks up the headers and libraries for the dependencies you have installed. I don't know exactly how to do that with Visual Studio, sorry.

Board footer

Moderator control