jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 14, 2020 16:40:35

Peter_Cyr
Profile   Send e-mail  

Able to exit server (jam) without closing the app?

Hi All,

I seem to be missing something here. I see people joining and ;having servers (jam sessions) when I am in one. Is there any way for me to leave a session without shutting the app down?

I am on a mac if it matters.

Thank you.

Peter

#2 April 15, 2020 07:39:58

andhai
Profile   Send e-mail  

Peter, we hope your are having a great time jamming! Let us know if you have any other questions

#3 April 15, 2020 12:13:48

julian_vickers
Profile   Send e-mail  

Peter_Cyr
Hi All,I seem to be missing something here. I see people joining and ;having servers (jam sessions) when I am in one. Is there any way for me to leave a session without shutting the app down? I am on a mac if it matters.Thank you.Peter

You can disconnect from the jam session via “file-disconnect” without closing the app. HOWEVER - and you mileage may vary on this - when *I* disconnect from a jam, all of my USB audio connections disconnect as well. If I'm not using the right software, then I have to reconnect the USB audio channels each time I go to a new session.

-J

-J
Chaotic Good

#4 April 16, 2020 13:20:33

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Yes, File | Disconnect lets you leave the jam. On macOS applications normally stay running even when the main window is closed. We will investigate making jammr follow this convention in a future releases.

julian_vickers: Yes, jammr starts audio when you join a jam session and stops it again when you disconnect. This can be disruptive for users who have advanced audio setups for routing audio between apps. It would be nice fix this and I've added it to the todo list. Thanks!

Board footer

Moderator control