jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 16, 2020 17:02:26

sigboost
Profile   Send e-mail  

BRAND NEW HERE with question

I am a vocalist and want to record a song with a pianist and guitarist that are elsewhere…..

Can we use Jammr and record our song simultaneously?

OR, do we have to record each part separately and then record on top of each other? Very new to this so hope this makes sense….

Also, will I need a special MIC with or without Headphones?

Edited sigboost (April 16, 2020 17:04:51)

#2 April 16, 2020 17:15:47

captaincancel
Profile   Send e-mail  

sigboost
I am a vocalist and want to record a song with a pianist and guitarist that are elsewhere…..Can we use Jammr and record our song simultaneously? OR, do we have to record each part separately and then record on top of each other? Very new to this so hope this makes sense….Also, will I need a special MIC with or without Headphones?

Technically you could, but for recording, I would honestly recommend using something like DropBox and sharing project files, with your DAW of choice.

Technical proficiency at capturing your instrument successfully, high-quality, is going to be a skill that you won't regret learning anyways, so if someone of the group is comfortable with that, let them guide you through that process and start recording yourself now.

There are a million YouTube videos on how to record vocals in a home studio settings, but yes, you'll want a decent microphone, recording interface, computer and DAW (recording software). Each DAW will have another million users with their own forums and YouTube channels to help you with that specifically.

Once you're comfortable doing all that, then Jammr may be fun to improv off of, but a click track is essential for timing (someone needs to feed that to the channel) and someone has to count it in to have any hope of being in sync.

#3 April 16, 2020 17:37:03

sigboost
Profile   Send e-mail  

this does not sound like it would allow us to have a video of our performance….only an Audio track…..am I correct?

#4 April 16, 2020 17:37:56

sigboost
Profile   Send e-mail  

we were hoping for a video much like ZOOM where we are all visible and playing along….????

#5 April 16, 2020 17:54:40

captaincancel
Profile   Send e-mail  

sigboost
we were hoping for a video much like ZOOM where we are all visible and playing along….????

You could have a separate Zoom thing going on, but you'd want to mute it for sure or there would be echos.

It wouldn't sync up without a lot of editing after.

There is no solution to the problem of latency on the Internet; it's not a Jammr thing, it's a speed of light thing.

Board footer

Moderator control