jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 17, 2020 11:12:36

andhai
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome to jammr beta!

Hey mennomatic the service was free for the beta period and we have decided to finally launch due to ongoing costs associated with the project and implementing new features!

#2 April 17, 2020 12:47:22

Ciplijauskas
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome to jammr beta!

I installed Jammr but it did not works

#3 April 18, 2020 16:16:16

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome to jammr beta!

Ciplijauskas
I installed Jammr but it did not works

Hi Ciplijauskas,
I can help you get it working. Can you describe what is not working or where you got stuck?

#4 June 23, 2020 18:54:38

Hardy
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome to jammr beta!

stefanha
Thanks for joining the jammr beta!We're excited to launch a place for musicians to jam together online. jammr works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.During beta all features will be available for free. Free accounts will stay after beta too, but premium features will be introduced for paid subscribers.Please let us know if you need any help getting set up and jamming together!

Hi Stefan,

We jammed together yesterday and we encountered the silencing of a whole fourth interval.
You reset the server and while playing with others later, it happened again.
Maybe this will help you troubleshoot:
- I played consecutively 8 intervals of 16BPI
- The fourth interval was silenced for the other jammers (embarrassing because I was also supplying keyboard drums)
- (When we played earlier together I heard you were “cut” also at the fourth interval)
- We tried with different BPI's 4, 8. When changed to 8 it seemed to work fine
- We reset BPI to 16 and did not encounter issues during that jam, however… I had the same issue later during other jams
- I had multiple unexplainable disconnections, sometimes 2 in one minute. 7 jammers were already present and someone leaving or entering the room seemed to trigger my disconnection (wild assumption)
Additional issue, for sure related to Beta version: Some disconnections may have been caused by louder notes (input noise cancelling activated).

I have been told in earlier jams last months that I get cut every few intervals, but I thought it is just inaccurate playing or not syncing with Metronome or improper setup.
What to do next time, change BPI to 8, then revert back to 16 and hope for the best? Or is it something with the server that needs to be addressed?

Thanks for dealing with all this and always a pleasure to jam with you,
Hardy

Hardy Braun
Talent is only the beginning!

https://www.reverbnation.com/hardybraun

#5 June 24, 2020 06:25:23

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome to jammr beta!

Hi Hardy,
After the jam I downloaded the individual tracks, expecting to see silent intevals. Surprisingly the tracks didn't have gaps and looked fine. This means the audio was uploaded sucessfully to the server without disruption. This could be explained by temporary network conditions.

The unexpected disconnects also suggest that there is a network issue (jammr will disconnect if the server/client do not respond within a certain period).

I'll be keeping an eye on this issue. Thanks for reporting it!

#6 June 4, 2022 19:34:44

LiveIfOnEcho
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome to jammr beta!

stefanha,

Currently at a public internet terminal, with no file access, and third party executables barred from running. Got ninjam-js added to chrome, though. Is it possible to use the “custom” feature on there to log in to the jammr server? What is the address, and what are the settings?

LiveIfOnEcho

“Come.”
twelvetribes.org

#7 June 12, 2022 07:19:55

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome to jammr beta!

Hi LiveIfOnEcho,
ninjam-js has some jammr support but I don't know the status. It's possible that it is unfinished and does not work:
https://github.com/BHSPitMonkey/ninjam-js/blob/master/app/src/jammr/client.js

I suggest filing a GitHub Issue so the ninjam-js developer can answer your question.

Board footer

Moderator control