jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 19, 2020 16:59:23

eb_liveDrums
Profile   Send e-mail  

BPM setting IS IMPORTANT !

captaincancel
Exhibit A: https://forum.jammr.net/post/2317/“It is not necessary to play on jammr's metronome click as long as youare playing at jammr's tempo (BPM). That means you can disable themetronome if there is a drum pattern playing at jammr's BPM - and thedrum pattern doesn't need to start on jammr's metronome click.”I think this is because Jammr's using this to calculate delay compensation when streaming.

Well, this adds another layer of complexity when new users join a public jam, because they need to know to turn off the session metronome. Also having a visual reminder of the interval is helpful, especially to people are trying to follow a chord progression. Too many sessions where people are playing 12 bar blues to an 8 bar interval, and the drum machine will drift so that it's not starting at the beginning of the interval. Captain I think in one of your jams I was playing in, you were resetting the metronome on the one every once in a while trying to keep it in sync with the session metronome. What this really boils down to is, we still need some features in the platform to do this right:

* accurate MIDI clock so drum machines and clocked keyboards can stay in time (techno would be a great fit to the jammr format! It's an entire genre of music made of 8 bar intervals)
* Level meters and controls (either individually, or for the session admin/leader) so you can blend the drum machine with a real drummer
* able to mute the click but still see the beat/interval
* A LARGE font banner at the top for the current chord progression.

#2 April 20, 2020 03:02:28

captaincancel
Profile   Send e-mail  

BPM setting IS IMPORTANT !

eb_liveDrums

Totally agree with that. It could be massive.

Board footer

Moderator control