jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 18, 2020 15:58:19

trsimoes
Profile   Send e-mail  

Jammr stoped working

Hi,

Since last night, Jammr stopped working. I cannot hear any audio, the metronome doesn't move, only the thing that seems to be working is the chat.
I've been using Jammr for the past month with no issues. Probably this is just a coincidence, but last night I upgraded to premium and a few hours later I started having this problem.

I've tried different audio settings, log out and back in, rebooting the PC, but had no success.
I'm running Windows 10 with a Allen&Heath Zedi10FX soundcard.

In attachment, there's a zip file with screenshots and the application log file.
When I activate the metronome (01_metronome.png), it freezes in that images.

Can you help me out, please?

Thanks,
Telmo

Attachments:
attachment jammr_issue.zip (48.1 KB)

#2 April 18, 2020 16:17:56

HighAction

Jammr stoped working

Some else has taken over control of you audio device close all other programs what use audio and try again..

#3 April 18, 2020 16:24:46

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Jammr stoped working

Hi trsimoes,
Sorry that your are experiencing audio issues. Have you tried switching from WDM-KS to WASAPI in jammr's sound settings?

#4 April 18, 2020 17:28:14

trsimoes
Profile   Send e-mail  

Jammr stoped working

Thank you both for your quick reply!

HighAction
Some else has taken over control of you audio device close all other programs what use audio and try again..
Ok… that makes sense. From what I've read, when an application uses the WDM-KS driver, all other applications are blocked. But I've rebooted, so there should be no application using the driver. Any clues on how to spot the process using it?

stefanha
Hi trsimoes,Sorry that your are experiencing audio issues. Have you tried switching from WDM-KS to WASAPI in jammr's sound settings?
WASAPI is not working with my soundcard. The sample rate and latency options are not populated and when I try to connect to a session, a popup error is raised.
But if I choose the pc's soundcard mic and output device, it works with WASAPI and WDM-KS! Good news!

I'll explore these options that both of you gave me a little deeper.

Thanks guys!

#5 April 19, 2020 00:31:12

trsimoes
Profile   Send e-mail  

Jammr stoped working

Think I found whats going on…
When I choose a stereo input (2 channels), Jammr has an unpredictable behaviour.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Since the application only allows the user to select one input, can it handle the combination of two channels?

#6 April 20, 2020 05:40:58

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Jammr stoped working

Yes, jammr will use the first two input channels. That should work fine, many input devices have 2 or more channels and jammr supports this.

It's likely that the current release of jammr is incompatible with the Zedi10FX WDM-KS driver. The behavior you described can happen if the audio stream fails with an error sometime after it has started.

I suggested trying another audio system because then jammr wouldn't be directly exposed to that error.

For the time being jammr might simply not work well with the Zedi10FX. The next jammr release will contain both updated audio code and more detailed error reporting for rare cases like this. If you can use the built-in soundcard in the meantime then that workaround might hold you over until the next jammr release.

Thanks for your patience!

Board footer

Moderator control