jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 11, 2020 08:17:40

andhai
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr Premium

We welcome all of the new users that have joined recently and want to tell you its been awesome jamming with all of you!

We are currently working on launching our premium service since with the increase of users we had to add two additional servers to handle the load. We want your input on how to improve jammr and will have a poll on the forum to pick what features to work on.

#2 April 24, 2020 03:29:27

DaleKM1
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr Premium

How can I sign up for just one month of premium service?

#3 April 25, 2020 12:41:56

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr Premium

Hi DaleKM1,
We just introduced a 14-day free trial. You can read about it here:
https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1991/

This means you can try out Premium and cancel any time during the free trial without being charged.

jammr Premium is a monthly subscription. After the free trial you can cancel any time and no further payments will be made (your account keeps its Premium status until the end of the current billing cycle).

#4 May 2, 2020 23:54:48

shredmas
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr Premium

As much as I understand why you have started premium and need some funding, all of the newbies have no clue how to set up jammr BPM & BPI or are willing to vote in enough numbers to get anything done. This has become a perfect storm for not having fun on Jammr. I have tried but it's just too frustrating. between the feedback, people talking using it for a ‘phone’, playing too loud, playing over the top of others, on & on. I haven't been on much but today was the worst.

#5 May 3, 2020 05:37:03

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr Premium

shredmas: Sorry to hear it's been hard to have good jams! It will take a little while to adapt jammr to the current number of users. It grew from a village into a city over night and some of the things that worked in the past no longer do with so many users.

I am focussing on making the installation, audio setup, and first use easier. This means adjusting the user interface so that it's clearer how things work and so users are naturally inclined to use jammr effectively. This is a process that requires feedback like what you've posted, then jammr is updated, and then we see if it helped. Thanks for your feedback!

Voting is particularly hard when jams have many users. Often you can't get 50% of the people to join the vote. In order to improve this I want to adjust the threshold so that just 1 other user needs to “second” the vote. This way the BPM/BPI cannot be accidentally or maliciously changed (it still requires one other person to agree), but it will be easy to complete the vote.

#6 May 3, 2020 16:31:05

shredmas
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr Premium

Thank you stefanha,
That's a great idea to have to have only two people vote to change the BPM & BPI.
I've tried to explain so many times how to set up jammr for each chord progression (song), that I've created a list in word so I can just copy and paste. But more either don't care or don't get it.
When we were a small group of users most had a clue and or we could also set up a custom jam so one person could control the set up for the next song and keep things correct & kick out users that had no interest in trying to fit in the song style IE: soft jazz prog. and they come in with metal distortion too loud and just ruin the groove.
It would also be nice if spell check worked in the dialog box on the application.
I can't spell worth a damn LOL.
When the two bands I play in are busy I don't get on Jammr much but when there is a break in our practicing and gigs I do to keep my chops up and for the fun.
But as you know there are no gigs happening now. I have done a few Facebook live performances.
Thanks again,
Neal Peters
shredmas

#7 Oct. 25, 2020 13:55:03

spoofofallspoofs
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr Premium

I finally got the premium, even if I never use my own private room, I want to support Jammr. I play on it for hours every month (week/day) and the cost of $9.99 makes it pretty affordable when you think of the value you get out of this. Thanks for keeping Jammr up and running!

——————————-
Guitar/Keys/DrumLoops + Chaos

#8 Oct. 27, 2020 11:06:18

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr Premium

spoofofallspoofs
I finally got the premium, even if I never use my own private room, I want to support Jammr. I play on it for hours every month (week/day) and the cost of $9.99 makes it pretty affordable when you think of the value you get out of this. Thanks for keeping Jammr up and running!

Thank you for the support, spoofofallspoofs! I really appreciate it.

Board footer

Moderator control