jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 May 14, 2020 15:04:50

rahul.murdeshwar
Profile   Send e-mail  

Playback audio quality loss

This is my first day/post here so please be gentle if i am missing something obvious.

As the topic suggests i am noticing a big los of quality/ audio information during Playback from Jammr. I am routing my audio from Ableton to jammr via BlackHole and then sending the playback to an audio interface as my output (I know the issue is not with BlackHole as i have used it before and have never encountered this issue). When i compare the quality of the played back audio from Jammr versus directly from Ableton then i notice that the audio has lost a lot of stereo information and sounds far more washed out and tinny.

Has anyone else noticed something like this? I have looked through the tech support forum but couldn't find if anyone has brought it up. How does jammr mix and encode the audio to return it via playback?

Any help / information would be great

#2 May 15, 2020 06:52:28

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi,
Welcome! jammr currently mixes down to mono. This is probably what you are seeing.

It does not encode/decode your local audio for monitoring, so you should not hear a difference due to audio compression.

Do you still experience a loss in quality after disabling stereo effects in front of jammr?

Is jammr's sample rate set to 44100 or 48000 Hz. Lower sample rates are not recommended.

#3 May 16, 2020 12:10:10

rahul.murdeshwar
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks for your reply, i figured it out. You're right, it was only the mono i was hearing. I could've sworn i had heard some quality loss as well the other day but now it seems cleared up, perhaps it was just a monitoring problem on my end.

Hope jammr allows for stereo mixes in the future as well. Thanks anyway!

#4 May 16, 2020 13:25:53

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Stereo will be added in the future. There is no fundamental blocker and the increased network bandwidth should be fine.

It will take time to develop and test, so I can't share details on when it will be added yet.

Board footer

Moderator control