jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 May 25, 2020 06:08:28

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - Delay using WASAPI

Not a solution for gloukes, but for anyone with a Focusrite 1st Gen device:

The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 1st Gen interface works with the “Windows WDM-KS” audio system and sample rate 44.1 kHz on Windows 8.1. The latency is around 10 milliseconds by default, even if you have a lower Latency value in jammr's sound settings.

You can get lower latency by launching the “Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver” utility that comes with the device. Reduce the Buffer Length slider to 5 ms and jammr will be able to achieve 5 ms.

#2 June 5, 2020 19:40:53

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

The Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen has arrived and I've confirmed that WDM-KS has audio problems with it. Now the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 that worked with WDM-KS also has audio problems after installing the updated drivers.

I will be looking at this issue so either WDM-KS can be fixed for these cards or the WASAPI latency can be eliminated.

#3 June 5, 2020 19:54:50

shawnb
Profile   Send e-mail  

Exactly my experience. For the most part, everything appears to work. Especially if monitoring locally.

But you sound bad to others, & on the .ogg downloads.

I have not noticed latency issues with WASAPI, but I monitor locally. The .ogg mixes seem fine.

I do think ASIO/ASIO4ALL support would be welcome. Yes, I know ASIO4ALL is just a wrapper for the windows drivers. BUT… I do think there's some magic in the buffering. I always have better luck with ASIO (& even ASIO4ALL) than with native drivers.

My 2¢.

#4 July 3, 2020 15:21:32

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

I discussed WDM-KS and WASAPI performance with Focusrite support. Unfortunately their current generation driver is not designed for low latency audio so it won't deliver a good experience.

The good news is I have tested a workaround for using ASIO drivers with jammr. It will allow users to enable ASIO drivers for Focusrite and other cards where the normal Windows drivers cannot be used. It has been tested successfully with the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen and Scarlett 2i4 1st Gen. Stay tuned for more info.

For anyone considering which USB audio interface to buy, I now recommend the Presonus AudioBox USB 96. It works great. But if you already have a Focusrite interface, don't worry, the next jammr release will have a solution for you.

#5 July 4, 2020 20:28:01

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr 1.2.91 beta has been released. It is possible to enable ASIO. Please see the download here and check out this guide to enable ASIO.

I have successfully tested Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen and 2i4 1st Gen using ASIO.

Edited stefanha (July 5, 2020 08:27:47)

#6 July 4, 2020 21:13:21

shawnb
Profile   Send e-mail  

Woohoo! Thanks, I'll check it out!

Board footer

Moderator control