jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 June 9, 2020 15:29:21

Harris
Profile   Send e-mail  

Newbie - Quick Questions (hopefully). =)

My Premium reply email stated: “If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact info@jammr.net for help.”

But after sending to that addr, I received this back 24+ hours later:
450 4.1.1 <info@jammr.net>: Recipient address rejected: unverified address: Address verification in progress

So - I'll try here:

1) How are recordings managed? I joined a couple of existing sessions overnight Sunday (US/EDT time zone) and later received emails offering to listen back, however none of the later sessions I created and played audio into (alone) seem to have produced recordings that have been sent to me via email. I did not disable the tick box in my account settings. How does this work?

2) Why does the MacOS app not remember my Plugin settings, forcing me to reconfigure each time I run the app?

3) What is the lifetime for a session I create? I was surprised to be offered to join an empty session I’d created and disconnected from. I assumed if I create a session that it ends if I leave, again how does this work?

Many thanks!

#2 June 10, 2020 18:10:32

Harris
Profile   Send e-mail  

Newbie - Quick Questions (hopefully). =)

Stefan replied to my email with the same questions, so pasting his answers here:

1) How are recordings managed? I joined a couple of existing sessions overnight (US/EDT time zone) and a later received emails offering to listen back, however none of the later sessions I created and played audio into many hours ago (I think I played anyway) seem to have produced recordings that have been sent to me via email. I did not disable the tick box in my account settings. How does this all work?

Jam sessions are recorded when there are at least two users present. If you were the only one in a jam then
no recordings are made.

2) Why does the MacOS app not remember my Plugin settings, forcing me to reconfigure each time I run the app?

The chain of plugins and their state is currently not saved. Sorry for this inconvenience, it is on the todo list.

3) What is the lifetime for a session I create? I was surprised to be offered to connect to an empty session I’d created and disconnected from.

Jam sessions are stopped if there are not users for some period of time. This is why you still see jams you created after disconnecting from them. A private jam session with no users is shut down after 90 seconds.

Board footer

Moderator control