jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 June 23, 2020 18:57:08

Hardy
Profile   Send e-mail  

Silencing every fourth interval

Hi Stefan,

I am posting also here as it is relevant to technical support.

We jammed together yesterday and we encountered the silencing of a whole fourth interval.
You reset the server and while playing with others later, it happened again.
Maybe this will help you troubleshoot:
- I played consecutively 8 intervals of 16BPI
- The fourth interval was silenced for the other jammers (embarrassing because I was also supplying keyboard drums)
- (When we played earlier together I heard you were “cut” also at the fourth interval)
- We tried with different BPI's 4, 8. When changed to 8 it seemed to work fine
- We reset BPI to 16 and did not encounter issues during that jam, however… I had the same issue later during other jams
- I had multiple unexplainable disconnections, sometimes 2 in one minute. 7 jammers were already present and someone leaving or entering the room seemed to trigger my disconnection (wild assumption)
Additional issue, for sure related to Beta version: Some disconnections may have been caused by louder notes (input noise cancelling activated).

I have been told in earlier jams last months that I get cut every few intervals, but I thought it is just inaccurate playing or not syncing with Metronome or improper setup.
What to do next time, change BPI to 8, then revert back to 16 and hope for the best? Or is it something with the server that needs to be addressed?

Thanks for dealing with all this and always a pleasure to jam with you,
Hardy

Hardy Braun
Talent is only the beginning!

https://www.reverbnation.com/hardybraun

#2 June 24, 2020 06:27:14

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks, Hardy. I replied in the other forum thread.

This seems to be a temporary problem. I reverted to the jammr 1.2.8 stable version because I also thought it might be related to the 1.2..90 beta version, but there was no difference.

I think it was a network issue and will be monitoring the servers over the coming days to see if it continues.

#3 June 25, 2020 07:23:56

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Things were running smoothly yesterday. If you experience this again, please let me know. Thanks!

#4 June 25, 2020 18:01:07

Hardy
Profile   Send e-mail  

stefanha
Things were running smoothly yesterday. If you experience this again, please let me know. Thanks!

Stefan, thanks for your promptness.
I didn't have the issue since, but LeeAStone heard me with gaps every couple of intervals today.
Maybe a network related issue…. who knows.
I will let you know if it reoccurs.
Thanks,

Hardy Braun
Talent is only the beginning!

https://www.reverbnation.com/hardybraun

#5 June 26, 2020 00:42:37

nikojpapa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hardy
I didn't have the issue since, but LeeAStone heard me with gaps every couple of intervals today.
Maybe a network related issue…. who knows.
I'll also point out that it is not just with Hardy. I have noticed it with multiple users, and one user mentioned in the chat that it's not uncommon for him, either. We both restarted our computers, which seemed to have helped slightly, but did not solve the issue.

#6 June 26, 2020 01:01:43

nikojpapa
Profile   Send e-mail  

Also, just for more info, it is not always predictable how many intervals someone will be heard before they cut out, usually cutting out for just one. That is, when the issue starts happening upon connection to the room, it is predictable and the interval cycle that the person can be heard is constant, but the interval cycle may be different a different time you connect. It also happens so that one or some people cut out, but I can still hear others. No one has told me yet that I cut out, so I'm not inclined to believe it's a problem on my end, though it is a possibility.

Edited nikojpapa (June 26, 2020 04:59:10)

#7 June 27, 2020 12:15:39

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

I experienced it again myself and am investigating.

#8 June 28, 2020 09:02:20

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Found what looks like a client bug. Will post more info soon!

For now I recommend using the 1.2.8 stable release of jammr instead of the 1.2.90 beta release.

Board footer

Moderator control