jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Aug. 11, 2020 00:37:19

BradRedd
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can't hear anything

I can't hear others, can't hear myself. I'm using a guitar plugged into an M-Audio Quad which is connected to my laptop by USB. I can use the same setup to record with no problem with Audacity. I tried every option in the settings option in Jammr. I have no idea what to try next.

#2 Aug. 11, 2020 06:07:30

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can't hear anything

Hi,
Please try the audio setup guide here:
https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1987/

Please check that the guitar is plugged into input 1 or 2 of the soundcard.

If it doesn't work please go to Help | Show log and post the technical information that is displayed. You can copy-paste it onto this forum and I will recommend sound settings for your computer.

#3 Aug. 11, 2020 07:14:31

BradRedd
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can't hear anything

I'll take a look at the guide. To clarify, though, the guitar is plugged into the M-Audio Quad USB audio interface which is plugged into the computer via a USB cable.

Edit: I had already read the guide and had followed it, with no success. I had the USB interface powered on and plugged in before starting Jammr. I tried every combination of the available audio settings. As I mentioned, I had no trouble using the same setup in Audacity. Tomorrow, I'll try to post the technical data.

Edited BradRedd (Aug. 11, 2020 07:20:18)

#4 Aug. 13, 2020 13:49:30

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can't hear anything

BradRedd: I think it will be possible to get jammr working. Audacity uses the same audio library as jammr. Usually anything that works in Audacity also works in jammr.

Looking forward to looking at the log information.

Board footer

Moderator control