• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » News
  • » jammr 1.2.92 is available for beta testing [RSS Feed]

#1 Sept. 16, 2020 08:43:09

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

jammr 1.2.92 is available for beta testing

A beta version of the next jammr release is now available for testing. This is the third beta and it addresses issues that have been reported. Your feedback will help ensure that issues are found before the update is rolled out to all users.

Download for Windows
Download for Mac
Download for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Linux Flatpak (alternative for non-Ubuntu users):

flatpak install --user flathub-beta net.jammr.jammr//beta

(You can add the flathub-beta repository with "flatpak remote-add –user flathub-beta https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo“ and refresh the list of applications with ”flatpak update –appstream".)

Changes since 1.2.91:
  • Make Settings dialog modal to solve focus and crashes when closing jammr with a plugin loaded (reported by Harris)
  • Add Ubuntu 20.04 LTS package because Flatpak does not support JACK on all systems
  • Support VST plugins that do not return an editor window rectangle during initialization
  • Fix macOS plugins by disabling library validation

If you want to revert to the latest stable release of jammr, install it as usual from https://jammr.net/download.html.

#2 Sept. 27, 2020 11:42:28

crumpmj
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks for all your work with jammr. I tried this beta (1.2.92) last night and couldn't get any audio working. I'm on a Mac (10.14.6) and using a TASCAM 24 mixer. We spent at least an hour trying this beta and the previous one, (both on macs) to no avail. Ended up reverting to the current stable release. I was trying the beta to test out the multichannel functionality. Is it only working on Windows?

#3 Sept. 28, 2020 08:12:50

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

crumpmj
Thanks for all your work with jammr. I tried this beta (1.2.92) last night and couldn't get any audio working. I'm on a Mac (10.14.6) and using a TASCAM 24 mixer. We spent at least an hour trying this beta and the previous one, (both on macs) to no avail. Ended up reverting to the current stable release. I was trying the beta to test out the multichannel functionality. Is it only working on Windows?

Hi crumpmj,
Thanks for trying the beta release. Multi-channel support is available on Mac.

I can give specific advice if you post the technical information that is displayed when you go to Help | Show log in jammr. You can copy-paste it onto this forum and it will allow me to review the audio configuration.

Have you recorded successfully through the TASCAM 24 mixer using another application like Garageband, Audacity, Logic, or Reaper?

You can test audio output by enabling the Metronome button in the bottom-right corner of the jammr window and connecting to a jam session. The metronome click should be audible and the metronome bar will animate at the bottom of the jammr window.

If the you don't hear the metronome, please go to jammr | Preferences and check that the correct output device is selected. You can click on the Channels button next to the output device to choose which TASCAM 24 mixer channels receive audio. You can enable all channels to quickly check that output is working. Connect to a jam session again and you should hear the metronome click.

If audio recording is not working, please check that the app has permission to use the microphone:
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-your-microphone-on-mac-mchla1b1e1fe/mac

#4 Sept. 28, 2020 13:11:37

D4ni3L
Profile   Send e-mail  

Now i can easily load my vst ezdrummer and use it with my edrums. Didnt work in last beta. Thx for the new Version! Also midi/audio mix works now well! Great

#5 Sept. 29, 2020 21:13:18

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

D4ni3L
Now i can easily load my vst ezdrummer and use it with my edrums. Didnt work in last beta. Thx for the new Version! Also midi/audio mix works now well! Great

Nice

• Root
  • » News
  • » jammr 1.2.92 is available for beta testing[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control