jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Nov. 12, 2020 17:12:04

Rock4Ever
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi every Body!

My Name is Fred, I am from BA. Bedroom player, so it would be great to play using Jammr. I read about this in musicradar and in guitarriego.
¿What do you need to use this?
Thanks for your help!

#2 Nov. 15, 2020 14:02:43

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi every Body!

Hi Rock4Ever,
jammr has similar requirements to recording on your computer. You need a way to record yourself and monitor (listen). If you just want to try it out first you can listen through headphones connected to your computer. Built-in microphones on most computers produce poor quality audio, so it's worth investing in a USB sound card if you want to play regularly.

You can use Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/) to record yourself and adjust your microphone.

Depending on the equipment you are using it may be possible to connect directly to the computer without a microphone. This is possible with digital guitar amplifiers like the Boss Katana or multi-effects pedals like the Line 6 Pod and Helix products.

jammr also supports VST and AudioUnit plugins so you can plug the guitar directly into a sound card and use a software amp simulator like Scuffham Amps S-Gear or Native Instruments GuitarRig. This approach is very flexible but the setup can be complicated, especially if you want to use multiple plugins at the same time or control them with a foot controller.

There are lots of tutorials, reviews, and product demonstration videos on YouTube that can help if you want to record yourself.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

#3 Nov. 15, 2020 14:19:36

Rock4Ever
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi every Body!

stefanha
Hi Rock4Ever,jammr has similar requirements to recording on your computer. You need a way to record yourself and monitor (listen). If you just want to try it out first you can listen through headphones connected to your computer. Built-in microphones on most computers produce poor quality audio, so it's worth investing in a USB sound card if you want to play regularly.You can use Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/) to record yourself and adjust your microphone.Depending on the equipment you are using it may be possible to connect directly to the computer without a microphone. This is possible with digital guitar amplifiers like the Boss Katana or multi-effects pedals like the Line 6 Pod and Helix products.jammr also supports VST and AudioUnit plugins so you can plug the guitar directly into a sound card and use a software amp simulator like Scuffham Amps S-Gear or Native Instruments GuitarRig. This approach is very flexible but the setup can be complicated, especially if you want to use multiple plugins at the same time or control them with a foot controller.There are lots of tutorials, reviews, and product demonstration videos on YouTube that can help if you want to record yourself.Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
THanks a lot, the data is pretty cool, I will try my Yamaha THR10 to record and look for YT videos!

#4 Nov. 18, 2020 20:57:15

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi every Body!

Hi Rock4Ever,
The Yamaha THR10 manual shows that playback and recording via USB is possible:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/331514/THR_ZV05630_R1_en_web.pdf

That's great because you'll be able play through your amp with just a USB cable, no USB sound card or microphone are needed.

If you need to use the Yamaha ASIO driver there are instructions for enabling ASIO in jammr here:
https://forum.jammr.net/topic/2085/

Board footer

Moderator control