jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Dec. 14, 2020 05:52:40

emu-ensemble
Profile   Send e-mail  

No recording under certain circumstances?

Last Friday (Dec 10) we tried to record our session as usual. We are doing that successfully since last year almost every Friday in our private session, but there were no recordings. I checked the forum already but did not find a hint on our case.
I’m not sure what went wrong, but we did two things differently / special.
(1) We started the hosting session of the paid account only as a hosting session on a separate computer. As we are creating our music using DSP software with partly self written patches, the software sometime crashes including the OS session. If this happens on the host, the whole session will be affected. So we like to have the risk of crashes only for the individual sessions.
(2) On that particular Friday the hosting session was started rather early as a preparation, so there could be large period of silence in the beginning.

As we heard ourselves in our productive period on Friday, there was no doubt that the session and Jammr was working. We are now only surprised that there are no recordings at all. Based on this and the fact that we already have many successful recordings we are rather confident that we did no make any rookie’s mistake.
Any hint would by appreciated.

#2 Dec. 16, 2020 09:48:27

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi emu-ensemble,
I checked the servers and unfortunately there were no pending recorded jams from Thursday, December 10th or Friday, December 11th.

The server logs show that emu-ensemble created the private jam. When the jam session from Dec 11th 16:22 was finalized only the free user emuTant had played audio, so the jam was not recorded. Right now jams are only recorded if a Premium user sent audio.

Apologies for losing the jam recording! The recording rules will be adjusted to record as long as a Premium user is logged in and someone is sending audio. I'll work on getting this change deployed before Friday this week so it will work next time you jam.

#3 Dec. 16, 2020 20:09:07

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

The change is now live. In the future you will receive recorded jams.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

#4 Dec. 17, 2020 05:28:26

emu-ensemble
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi stefanha,

Thank you very much for your response. It is comprehensible that there has to be a differentiation between the different types of accounts, their sessions and their contributions. We just weren’t aware if this behavior with our setup.
Thank you even more, that there was the ability to adjust the behavior, this pretty much supports the way we intend to work, makes our sessions safer and more stable. We appreciate this a lot and will definitely check this out.

Best Wishes

Andreas of emu-ensemble

Board footer

Moderator control