jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Feb. 15, 2021 14:36:43

LiveIfOnEcho
Profile   Send e-mail  

Third Party Software Access

With the URI, and apparently port #?, listed on the jammr for Windows title bar for connected sessions, it seems that third party access of the jammr functionality is welcomed. Is this a reasonably realistic assessment? Whereas checking for online members is easily accomplished by homebrewed software simply by parsing the logged in jammr webpage, has any intention of any sort of public jammr api been floating about with any legitimate intent? Is the nature of the app's signaling with the server published in any way, with intent for public use?

“Come.”
twelvetribes.org

Edited LiveIfOnEcho (Feb. 15, 2021 14:47:02)

#2 Feb. 17, 2021 19:27:17

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi LiveIfOnEcho,
I'm reposting my GitHub reply in case someone finds this forum discussion:

You are welcome to write third-party software that interacts with jammr. jammr may be able to provide some public, stable APIs and documentation. Please describe your use case so we can discuss it more.

If you just want to see if users are online, go to https://jammr.net/ and there will be text in the top right corner of the web page saying “4 users jamming now!” if there are people online. If no one is online the text is absent.

The only reasons why third-party software might be blocked is if it causes technical problems (e.g. consuming excessive amounts of bandwidth) or degrades the user experience (e.g. spam, harassment, etc).

The jammr client source code is public so you can find out how to use the REST API and the jam session network protocol from the source code. I have also written up my understanding of the NINJAM network protocol on which the jam session network protocol is based:
https://github.com/wahjam/wahjam/wiki/Ninjam-Protocol

If you have specific questions about how these APIs/protocols work, you're welcome to ask here or on GitHub.

#3 June 22, 2022 19:10:54

LiveIfOnEcho
Profile   Send e-mail  

Apparently, all that are needed to use the NINJAM-JS Chrome extension with the jammr rooms, are a few details to type into the “custom” tab in the “Choose a Server” window. Can anyone supply me with the standard details for the jammr software, for connecting to the Jammr server? The jammr app won't install on this public terminal, but ninjam-js does, for Chrome. All that seems to be missing is the server host address and port number, which seems from memory showed up on the window titlebar for the jammr app. Can anyone tell me what they are? server host address, and port number for connecting?

“Come.”
twelvetribes.org

Board footer

Moderator control