jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Introductions
  • » Hi! Fretless Bass Player here, into simple Jazz and Blues, aebersold play-alongs fan [RSS Feed]

#1 Feb. 27, 2021 15:02:32

pedrorolo
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi! Fretless Bass Player here, into simple Jazz and Blues, aebersold play-alongs fan

Hi there!

I've been playing the electric bass guitar for more than 20 years, and mostly do it alone - jamming with some jamie-aebersold play alongs. When I was a teen I was in a rock band for a couple of years but now I'm more into standards.

I would like to play some blues or some simpler jazz standards.

Some tunes that I'd like to try together with you:
Autumn Leaves
All Blues
Blue Bossa
Mr. Super Hip
Sunny

And for something more challenging:
How Insensitive
Angel Eyes

I'd also be happy to simply improvise with a drummer, freestyle….

I am new into playing improvised music.

Is anyone in this same page around here?

I'm in the Lisbon/London timezone: GMT 0

Greetings,
Pedro

#2 Feb. 27, 2021 17:24:03

HeinoP
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi! Fretless Bass Player here, into simple Jazz and Blues, aebersold play-alongs fan

Hi Pedro,

Great that you found my message. Oh yes. I'd like to jam around the world. I live in Germany nearby Hamburg. So I will be 1 hour later than you. That is great. Furthermore I started 2 digital bands (at another platform, Jamulus, where I have an own band server). These bands (one is with colleagues of my company), another is private it runs very well. We enjoy jamming and playing songs together e.g. Adele, Rolling in the deep or Billy Talent, Rusted from the rain or Tina Turner, Private Dancer. Latency is minimal. The bass player of the company band is located in the UK and we both have latency times of approx. 35 ms which is great

Jazz is not my favourite direction, but free jamming would be nice and it would be nice to meet you somewhere in one digitaL session. I have no idea how to connect my electronic drum kit to Jammr, but I suppose the Focusrite Audio Interface will helb. Let's see.
But we have to find a suitable time for us both.

Shall we go at 6 PM your time? 7 PM my time? which is in about 40 minutes?

But where to meet? Will you start a session and I connect to it here?

Best regards
Heino

#3 March 2, 2021 00:55:44

spoofofallspoofs
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hey Pedro we jammed the other night. it was a solid jam. I look forward to the next one

——————————-
Guitar/Keys/DrumLoops + Chaos

#4 March 2, 2021 11:22:27

pedrorolo
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi HeinoP,

My internet setup has too much latency for Jamulus. I'd like to try that program, but before I do so I will have to get a long ethernet cable to connect my desktop through a wired connection and it will take me a long time before I do so..

Anyway, I regard playing with latency as a very off-putting idea, specially because my objective is more to improvise than to compose songs.

I've been jamming in jammr in the last few days. On European evenings there seems to always be some people jamming there and it's fun.

I've found jammr setup quite simple. What was your problem, exactly?
We can arrange to meet online on any of the following evenings if you want. Just please let me know when.

Edited pedrorolo (March 2, 2021 11:27:42)

#5 March 2, 2021 18:41:11

HeinoP
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi Pedro,
with regard to my former email … I just managed to connect. But even with direct LAN cable and all settings optimized I see no chance to jam here at Jammr. The latency is horrible. It is very long. No comparison to Jamulus which seems to be faster and without latency. At least for me. So sry for that. But I suppose no chance to jam with you here.

BR
Heino

#6 March 2, 2021 23:34:38

pedrorolo
Profile   Send e-mail  

In Jammr the latency is a feature; it lasts one interval to provide the perception that you are playing with 0 latency. It's hard to make it work with long intervals because it requires discipline and preserverance.

Edited pedrorolo (March 2, 2021 23:38:37)

#7 March 5, 2021 21:00:09

Hardy
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi Pedro and Spoof,

A bit jealous here :-) neh, just kidding…
Welcome to another fretless bro!
Hey, I will be back home for the next 10 days and active again on Jammr, how I missed this!
Hear you soon!
Hardy

Hardy Braun
Talent is only the beginning!

https://www.reverbnation.com/hardybraun

#8 March 9, 2021 21:35:45

spoofofallspoofs
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hey Hardy! Welcome back…we've been missing ya in the jams. I haven't been on lately, but will get on soon. Hope to see you there!

——————————-
Guitar/Keys/DrumLoops + Chaos

#9 March 13, 2021 18:12:52

Hardy
Profile   Send e-mail  

spoofofallspoofs
Hey Hardy! Welcome back…we've been missing ya in the jams. I haven't been on lately, but will get on soon. Hope to see you there!

I will only be present on Jammr today Mar 13… after that I'm in Quebec again, without my instruments…
Hopefully things will settle down and I will get a parallel jamming setup when out of province.

Rock on!

Hardy Braun
Talent is only the beginning!

https://www.reverbnation.com/hardybraun

• Root
  • » Introductions
  • » Hi! Fretless Bass Player here, into simple Jazz and Blues, aebersold play-alongs fan[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control