jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 July 18, 2021 10:37:13

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

noise reduction incorporated

For jamming I use mainly my midi controller and I do not have noise form my microphone because it is automatically cut by the app but I still want to connect at the server as simple as possible using the laptop soundcard with a common microphone (just to jam with low cost tools).

With WDM-KS the noise is bigger, with ASIO4All v2 is lower but in other application like Skype there is a noise cancelation button and the noise disappear. While in my computer settings (running win 10) I cannot find such a button is it possible to have a noise cancelacion button for the microphone in jammr app?

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (July 18, 2021 10:45:47)

#2 July 19, 2021 07:43:11

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi adi,
Can you post a recording of the noise or describe it? There are a few different types of noise and they can be addressed with different solutions.

#3 July 19, 2021 11:13:28

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

stefanha
Can you post a recording of the noise or describe it?
Thanks for your feedback! I know all musicians here have great toos with perfect sound settings during jams but sone ordinary computer users prefer to join with a simple headset as for zoom or skype… so I made a test with a 5 Euro computer microphone…

Test 1: ASIO4ALL
Test 2: WDM-KS
Test 3: Skype

As most regular users here I think that jammr is a great app. I learned a lot of music form the community and about using computers for recording music. And why not I love that this music is legal for sharing and mixing due to the special license.

Edited adi (July 19, 2021 15:09:43)

Attachments:
attachment Voce 060_sd.mp3 (1.4 MB)

#4 July 21, 2021 12:44:41

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi adi,
The first noise type sounds like in the audio clip sounds like electrical or physical noise. It's not an echo or feedback. A noise gate can reduce the problem by automatically silencing the input signal while you are not playing your instrument. You could try a free VST plugin that has a noise gate or noise reduction.

The second noise in the audio clip sounds digital and is probably a software issue. I suggest avoiding this setting (I think this was WDM-KS?).

#5 July 21, 2021 21:54:45

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

stefanha
You could try a free VST plugin that has a noise gate or noise reduction.
Thanks for your advice. I hope to work and use again my microphone for acoustic instruments.

This time I had success WDM-KS driver and an incorporated microphone of an USB camera.

While I searched the internet few hours without result finally I found one free VST 64 here: https://www.gvst.co.uk/ggate.htm?pageview=selectos

Edited adi (July 21, 2021 21:56:00)

Board footer

Moderator control