jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Jan. 11, 2015 02:50:13

Sashimi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Is it possible to play music on a backingtrack ???

Is it possible that I can upload a backing track from my PC, and Jammr plays this track…..and then we can jam on the track?

#2 Jan. 11, 2015 07:19:50

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Sashimi
Is it possible that I can upload a backing track from my PC, and Jammr plays this track…..and then we can jam on the track?
Unofficial opinion: Yes! I did it with my amp plugged in the microphone socket. I used a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack cable from headphones socket of the amp to the microphone socket of the pc. Unfortunately the pc do not allow two sound cards in the same time so you need to mix signals with the external amp (or mixer)… to plug in the instrument too. But the best is to join enough members of the band to supply the jam!

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (Jan. 11, 2015 08:16:58)

#3 Jan. 11, 2015 18:19:54

Sashimi
Profile   Send e-mail  

adi

My friend and I all play guitars……..but we live in different place…..Jammr is a perfect software which can let us play together at the same time.

but we all prefect that we can jam on a backingtrack……….I still can NOT figure out how to play a soundtrack on Jammr…I am using USB tube amp….and there is 3.5 jack on it too…..but I can play it on Jammr

can you show me how?? Thanks

#4 Jan. 11, 2015 19:29:56

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Sashimi
I still can NOT figure out how to play a soundtrack on Jammr…
My amp is a simple cube with two entries one for guitar 6.3 jack and the other for 3.5 mic jack and a jack for headphone. Instead of mic I put my android tablet or phone with the loop. The sound is mixed before entering in pc. I will try to change the phone with a mp3 player to obtain a background music (I will try with free music of course). Now I try to build a linux pc for the other solution, I mean to mix software. I used a lot Ubuntu Studio before as a guitar amp and virtual drums but I failed to install jammr app. But with the help of the advanced jammers I think I will succeed.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

#5 Jan. 14, 2015 08:16:37

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Sashimi
I am using USB tube amp….and there is 3.5 jack on it too

It may be possible to plug a 3.5 mm input (from your phone, for example) into the amp and hear on the computer over USB. It depends on the design of your amplifier. Some amps mix the 3.5 mm line in with the speaker only, so you don't hear the backing track over USB. Other amps mix it with the guitar signal so you can hear it over USB.

You need to try it out to see if it works or check the user manual for your amplifier.

Please keep in mind that all music played into jammr must be Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 licensed. Do not upload music that you have no permission to share.

Board footer

Moderator control