Search - User list
Full Version: Help setting up OP-1 with Scarlett 2i2 for Jammr
Root » Technical support » Help setting up OP-1 with Scarlett 2i2 for Jammr
MichaelUhl
Hi everyone,

I have an OP-1 by Teenage Engineering connected from it headphone out into my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 stereo through a 3.mm to amp ends output cable.

How do i set this up to work on the Jammr, i have tried so many different settings but i need help.

I am running Windows 10. I have the latest drivers for the Scarlett, the OP-1 does not send audio over USB, only directly throug headphone out.

Would love to jam with y'all from Texas.

Let me know!

Thanks!
stefanha
Great, I love the OP-1. What a cool synthesizer!

Setup steps:
1. 3.5mm from OP-1 audio out to Scarlett 2i2 Input #1.
2. Try setting Scarlett 2i2 Input #1 to “Line”, not “Inst”.
2. When you play a note on the OP-1 make sure that the light around the Scarlett 2i2 Input #1 volume knob becomes green, not red (too loud), not off (too quiet).
3. From OP-1 manual: “To adjust the output level, turn the volume knob or set the master L/R level output located in mixer T4.”
4. Test your setup by recording and listening to yourself with Audacity (http://www.audacityteam.org/download/).

Once you reach this point you'll have a working OP-1 recording setup. I not going to list the steps for connecting speakers or headphones to the Scarlett 2i2 but you should be hearing yourself through the speakers/headphones.

Now start jammr and go to File | Settings… | Audio. Select WDM-KS as the audio system and the Scarlett 2i2 as input and output device. A sample rate of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz should be fine. The latency setting should be between 5-12 milliseconds. Make sure the “Play back my audio” checkbox is enabled. Sound setup done!

Go to File | Connect… and select a jam session to join. You should hear yourself through your headphones/speakers.

Make sure the “Send” button in the lower right corner of the jammr window is enabled (dark gray) so that other people will be able to hear you too.

Stefan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.