jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Jan. 12, 2017 21:12:57

claired
Profile   Send e-mail  

Help setting up drums

Hi guys.
I have a Roland TD-4KX2 drum kit and I'm hoping to join Jammr.
I bought a cable which connects the midi output to a USB port in my PC (using Roland UM-ONE mk2 cable). But I'm not sure what's next. I've setup jammr and gone to file>settings>midi>input and selected the UM ONE but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried it in a live jam I created and it still isn't outputting any audio.

What steps am I missing?

Thanks!

#2 Jan. 13, 2017 02:26:53

HighAction

Help setting up drums

Hi claired

Unfortuanately Midi does not output any sound as midi carries on midi data and not actual sound

you have a couple of options

1. Use the audio out from the unit E.g headphones/Line out and connect it to the Line in/Mic port of the pc

2. get some form of Drum VST Load that up into jammr and drive that with the midi data from the Roland TD-4KX2
here is a list of some of the top free ones to 10 Free VST Plugins That Will Give You Better Drum Tracks

Hope that helps.

#3 Jan. 13, 2017 08:01:22

claired
Profile   Send e-mail  

Help setting up drums

Hey,
Thanks very much for your help. the first thing I tried was outputting directly from the phone out but it didn't work ad I gave up too easily. I think I now know why it didn't work, my PC as using the 3.5mm in cable as the out as well as the in so I couldn't hear anything. My PC is being a pain as far as changing the audio out signal so I'll just buy a splitter for that port. Thanks again!

Board footer

Moderator control