Search - User list
Full Version: Help setting up drums
Root » Discussion » Help setting up drums
claired
Hi guys.
I have a Roland TD-4KX2 drum kit and I'm hoping to join Jammr.
I bought a cable which connects the midi output to a USB port in my PC (using Roland UM-ONE mk2 cable). But I'm not sure what's next. I've setup jammr and gone to file>settings>midi>input and selected the UM ONE but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried it in a live jam I created and it still isn't outputting any audio.

What steps am I missing?

Thanks!
HighAction
Hi claired

Unfortuanately Midi does not output any sound as midi carries on midi data and not actual sound

you have a couple of options

1. Use the audio out from the unit E.g headphones/Line out and connect it to the Line in/Mic port of the pc

2. get some form of Drum VST Load that up into jammr and drive that with the midi data from the Roland TD-4KX2
here is a list of some of the top free ones to 10 Free VST Plugins That Will Give You Better Drum Tracks

Hope that helps.
claired
Hey,
Thanks very much for your help. the first thing I tried was outputting directly from the phone out but it didn't work ad I gave up too easily. I think I now know why it didn't work, my PC as using the 3.5mm in cable as the out as well as the in so I couldn't hear anything. My PC is being a pain as far as changing the audio out signal so I'll just buy a splitter for that port. Thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.