jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 March 14, 2017 20:29:59

MrBungle
Profile   Send e-mail  

Routing sounds from standalone apps/VSts to jammer

A couple of my VSTs have standalone applications (Bias Amp, Bias FX, Addictive Drums, and now Perfect drums when loaded thru a different VST host). AD works great in the JAmmr VST loader, but I can't get Bias to work well at all (using the 32bit vst).

Is there another application for windows 7 that will let me route my standalone apps to jammr? I'd love to be able to use my BIAS FX in it's standalone 64bit app, or Perfect drums which i think is a VST3.

#2 March 15, 2017 15:45:27

HighAction

There are a few good VST hosts out there
the one i use is Cantabile this supports all the VST Formats
but unfortunately when you use a external host you will need some way of channeling it into Jammr
this can be done with either a second soundcard or Virtual Audio which Can get a little Complicated.

There is also another VST called Carla Host that Support JACK routeing so maybe this maybe your best alternative if your going down the Virtual Audio Route.

Hope this helps

#3 March 15, 2017 20:42:20

MrBungle
Profile   Send e-mail  

I gave Cantibile a shot and it doesn't run Perfectdrums for some reason. I did get perfect drums to run thru an older vst livehost. But, i'm still stuck getting the sound from there to Jammr.

I downloaded Jack2 and .. yea i have no idea what i'm doing. It opened up some kind of server in a terminal?

Carla looks promising so i'll give that a go.

For anyone curious, here's the drum plug i'm trying to use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeAo6cwgBJU
It's 64bit only and a VST3i. i don't know if that has any bearing on what host will run it and what host won't.

Board footer

Moderator control