• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Discussion
  • » Public Sessions not appearing? "New Jam" Only:March 22 [RSS Feed]

#1 March 23, 2017 01:35:06

Maex
Profile   Send e-mail  

Public Sessions not appearing? "New Jam" Only:March 22

Been trying to find the public sessions to join and wait for people but they haven't appeared for me today, anyone else experiencing this? I can only make a new jam

Attachments:
attachment NewJam.png (5.0 KB)

#2 March 23, 2017 02:05:11

waynematabar45
Profile   Send e-mail  

Yeah…whts up?

#3 March 23, 2017 02:13:56

Maex
Profile   Send e-mail  

i'm on right now, can you see my session?

#4 March 23, 2017 08:23:00

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Public sessions are back.

#5 June 2, 2017 13:12:40

FastFrets
Profile   Send e-mail  

Just want to say thanks for staying on the jam site with me. What I find is that the jams do have a hard time starting. Just hearing someone tinker with no goal in mind and just adlib. Adlib is ok but jams should cover, covers tunes also. Someone asked me to stop playing full tracks and play just drum tracks. Again adlib. That person can go to another room and do what he wants-adlib or cover.So again thank you for staying. Anytime you see me you are welcome to try anything with the tracks I play. I will try to give you cord strucktures of the song. I look forward to seeing you again. By the way McMaster is a friend of mine and we play alot. He is going threw a phone line which puts his beat off by about 8 beats. That is a problem. We are learning this system to practice our tunes.So far it has been a trip learning this system and figureing out.
Another idea I have is to say in the user name FastFrets Michigan. We could be 10 miles apart and do a real jam.

#6 June 3, 2017 13:28:55

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

FastFrets
Adlib is ok but jams should cover, covers tunes also. Someone asked me to stop playing full tracks and play just drum tracks.

FastFrets
He is going threw a phone line which puts his beat off by about 8 beats. That is a problem.

Hi FastFrets,
In order to be resistant to internet lag jammr does not work in real-time. This is why you experienced an 8 beat delay. jammr is what's called an interval-based jamming system.

Interval-based jamming systems are great for improvising but cannot be used to play through full songs (with some exceptions) because each player hears a time-shifted version of the jam. If you play a cover you'll get a collision where one person is playing the chorus and another person is already playing the verse, for example.

You can read more about how to play in sync here:
https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1115/

Please also abide by the Terms & Conditions which require that audio you send is Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licensed. This means it's not possible to play along to copyrighted music for which you don't have rights:
https://jammr.net/terms.html

Thanks,
Stefan

• Root
  • » Discussion
  • » Public Sessions not appearing? "New Jam" Only:March 22[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control