Search - User list
Full Version: Weird Crackling While Playing
Root » Technical support » Weird Crackling While Playing
moldyscience
Hi all, I seem to be experiencing weird crackling and pops while playing bass through my Xonar DX. They ebb and flow, and it's quite annoying. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Attached are my settings, and here is the pastebin link:
https://pastebin.com/MD6JiNNQ

For my sound card I'm running Uni Xonar drivers 1823-v1.80a-r3

Thanks!

Edit:
I have also proven this is a jammr issue, not a soundcard issue. This only happens in jammr

Also If possible I'd really like to drop the latency. I get out of sync crazy easily
stefanha
The input device is the Xonar DX and the output device is the Realtek 2nd Output. They have different default sampling rates (48 kHz vs 44.1 kHz) and although PortAudio (the audio library that jammr uses) should be able to use these two devices at the same time, there may be an issue there.

I suggest trying the same sound card for input as well as output. Can you use the Xonar DX output instead of the Realtek card?

You could also trying the WDM-KS audio system again instead of WASAPI.
moldyscience
I gave those both a shot and unfortunately neither did anything. I might need to just pick up an audio interface

Thanks man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.