jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Introductions
  • » Hello - old-ish man with Parkinson's - lifelong amateur songwriter, keyboards, guitar, newbie bass [RSS Feed]

#1 May 23, 2018 14:33:05

BobK
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hello - old-ish man with Parkinson's - lifelong amateur songwriter, keyboards, guitar, newbie bass

That's me. I write songs, mostly, and sing them, more poorly now than ever before. But for a 69 year old guy with Parkinson's, I'm lookin' good! Still have a 1964 Meet The Beatles haircut (all mine) which helps me look younger than I am. One of my prime interests has been research, especially that which links learning new musical instruments with deterrence of Parkinson's symptoms, and the combination of rhythm, dance, movement, and music (played or sung) with keeping the brain renewed and regenerating those dopaminergic neurons.

Interested in jamming with folks with or without incurable, progressive, degenerative, neurological diseases…
(just as soon as I get a working audio interface to plug into)

There ain't no cure for the Parkinson's, but we ain't givin' up hope!

Attachments:
attachment self-Snapshot_20170902_9-rjk.jpg (142.3 KB)

#2 May 25, 2018 07:28:20

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hello - old-ish man with Parkinson's - lifelong amateur songwriter, keyboards, guitar, newbie bass

Welcome BobK! Looking forward to jamming with you.

• Root
  • » Introductions
  • » Hello - old-ish man with Parkinson's - lifelong amateur songwriter, keyboards, guitar, newbie bass[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control