jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Introductions
  • » I play keyboard , piano and harmonium . Pakistani and indain songs + ghazals. New here . [RSS Feed]

#1 Sept. 24, 2018 17:34:16

hussainalikhan
Profile   Send e-mail  

I play keyboard , piano and harmonium . Pakistani and indain songs + ghazals. New here .

I play keyboard , piano and harmonium . Pakistani and indain songs + ghazals. New here .

#2 Sept. 25, 2018 09:08:39

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome, hussainalikhan! Looking forward to jamming with you.

#3 Sept. 25, 2018 13:55:19

hussainalikhan
Profile   Send e-mail  

i dont have microphone and cables to connect keyboard with laptop . do i need them for jamming ? kindly guide me. thanks

#4 Sept. 29, 2018 09:40:17

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Try recording yourself on your computer first. You can use Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/) on Windows or Garageband on Mac.

Laptops usually have an internal microphone with poor audio quality that is not suitable for recording music or jamming.

Some keyboard have a headphone or line out which you can connect to your laptop soundcard. If it is a 3.5mm socket then the cable can connect directly to your soundcard. If it's a 1/4" socket then it cannot be connected directly to most built-in soundcards without an adapter.

Some keyboards have a USB output that can be connected to a computer. This will either allow you to record the keyboard audio on the computer (suitable for jamming) or it will send MIDI messages. MIDI is just the note information (for example, C E G) and not the actual sound you are playing. If you have a MIDI keyboard then a software instrument is necessary on the computer to produce audio from the MIDI messages.

If you need help, please post the brand and model of your keyboard so we can check the specifications and advise how to connect it.

• Root
  • » Introductions
  • » I play keyboard , piano and harmonium . Pakistani and indain songs + ghazals. New here . [RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control