jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Jam sessions
  • » Weekly Friday & Saturday jams - October 11 & October 12, 18:00 UTC [RSS Feed]

#1 Oct. 10, 2019 15:09:10

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Weekly Friday & Saturday jams - October 11 & October 12, 18:00 UTC

Join our weekly jam sessions on Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12 at 18:00 UTC:

Meet other musicians, get help with jammr, and play awesome music at the weekly jam sessions!

See local times in your timezone:
Friday session world times
Saturday session world times

#2 Oct. 11, 2019 20:20:44

Jerry-Garcia
Profile   Send e-mail  

I have a zillion questions but not sure where to ask so I'll start here. Apparently I was distorting when in the session but I can't hear it. Is there any way to test the connection and setup prior to joining the jam?

Also I got the files from the jam but many people are without sound. What exactly are these files? I assumed they were each individual playing but not sure. I got 2 download files but perhaps that is because I signed out midstream trying to solve the problem I mentioned above.

If you are in a jam and you press SEND to start participating what happens if you hit SEND again? Is it a toggle so when you first press it your in and then when you press it again your out? When I push send I get no visual indication that I am or am not connected.

Good enough for now, HELP.

#3 Oct. 12, 2019 14:24:37

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Jerry-Garcia
Is there any way to test the connection and setup prior to joining the jam?

If you have the “Play back my audio” setting enabled then you hear yourself exactly the way others hear you. Make sure to use headphones if you are using a microphone though, because otherwise there may be feedback if the microphone picks up the speakers.

There are empty public jam sessions you can join if you want to try out different audio settings.

Jerry-Garcia
Also I got the files from the jam but many people are without sound. What exactly are these files?

You can download a .zip file with the individual tracks of the recorded jam. Each user's audio is a separate audio file. If they were not playing or had the Send button disabled, then that portion of the track will be silent.

The individual tracks are mostly useful for remixing the jam session later or to check out the details of what someone played. If you just want to listen to a recorded jam, there is a web player or you can download a single .m4a file.

Jerry-Garcia
If you are in a jam and you press SEND to start participating what happens if you hit SEND again? Is it a toggle so when you first press it your in and then when you press it again your out? When I push send I get no visual indication that I am or am not connected.

Send it a toggle button. It should change color, indicating whether it is enabled or not.

If you're not sure, press the Metronome button and compare the color. You'll hear if the metronome is on or off. They are both toggle buttons.

• Root
  • » Jam sessions
  • » Weekly Friday & Saturday jams - October 11 & October 12, 18:00 UTC[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control