jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 March 17, 2020 17:30:09

els011
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

I signed up today. My band is looking for a way to rehearse online due to the shelter in place orders and bar closures here in CA due to the Corona Virus.

What equipment or software do I need to use Jammr? I think I need a 1/4" to USB cable for my guitar.
Do I need some software programs like Garageband and/or something like Focusrite?

I have little experience with doing anything like this on a computer.

I appreciate any recommendations or suggestions.

Thank you,

Lawrence

#2 March 17, 2020 17:44:18

D4ni3L
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

Hello Lawrence,

most peolpe use an Interface like focusrite and I would recommend that to you. When you can record on your computer it should work to jam in jammr. Have a look in settings if your device is listed correctly and make sure, no other app is using your signal (browser, daw, player,…)

Have also a closer look in forum to get some of the beginning qustions answered….

D4n

#3 March 17, 2020 19:00:54

els011
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

Thank you. Focusrite has products that range from $160 to over $1,000. Would the $160 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface be sufficient? Also, do I need a program like Garageband or some kind of recording software? I won't bug you with any more questions. I am just looking for information to begin my research.
Thanks.

#4 March 17, 2020 19:55:51

roxolid
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

Hi! I have a Komplete Audio 6 interface that I use all the time with DAW's, but it's not showing up in the Jammr app as an audio input/output device, it's only showing the built-in in/out and HDMI (HDMI showing is because I have an external monitor connected). Any thoughts on why it's not showing up?

#5 March 17, 2020 20:47:49

D4ni3L
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

@ els011 - the cheap variation works good….no need for expensive stuff.
there s no other prgram needed, you can use vst instruments like guitarpro or just use your stompboxes/effects…
the interface shuld appear in settings –> input / output device

@ roxolit did you try to change the samplerate and / or the Audiosystem in jammrs settings?

#6 March 17, 2020 21:18:46

roxolid
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

Hi D4ni3L! I have looked at all the settings, samplerate audio system, etc. and it's not showing up. It shows up in Audio Midi Setup, in Ableton, and in my Mac's sound settings. It's just not showing up in Jammr. I restarted Jammr a couple times and now I'm getting an error that it's unable to create a jam due to network failure (error 499). I have cable internet, and it's a little slow right now, but still running about 50mbps.

EDIT: Never mind, it finally straightened up and recognized my interface. Thanks!!!

Edited roxolid (March 18, 2020 11:26:11)

Board footer

Moderator control