Search - User list
Full Version: My friend can't see the jam I just created and vice versa?
Root » Technical support » My friend can't see the jam I just created and vice versa?
Scriabin23
Hi - we're are just trying out this platform for the first time tonight and so far we can't even manage to get into a jam together. I created one and gave it a name and my friend did not see it when he logged on. Then he created a jam and gave it a name and I could not see it when I logged on. Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks,

Jonathan
joelthompson
Same thing happening to me, not sure how to fix it
D4ni3L
Set in Adminsettings…. open for everyone .
stefanha
If you create a private jam using the “New jam” button then it will be closed to other users when it is first created. This gives you a chance to configure the jam session before other people join.

Use the Admin menu to set up the jam. The Admin | Access Control… menu item lets you control who is allowed to join your jam session.

Once you've added your friend's username to the access control list they will be able to see the jam when they open the Connect dialog.
stevepowell
Where is this mysterious Admin menu??
andhai
The Admin Menu is available only for the Admin of the Jam Server. If you do not have Admin Rights or started the jam you cannot edit the settings. Hope this helps!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.