Search - User list
Full Version: Fyi: Ubuntu Linux binary doesn't work on Ubuntu 19.10
Root » Technical support » Fyi: Ubuntu Linux binary doesn't work on Ubuntu 19.10
highlandsun
But it seems to work fine on Ubuntu 16.04.1
On 19.10 there is no audio, and the metronome doesn't even move. The metronome bar just displays one blue box on the left of the bar, and does nothing else. No click track, no audio of any kind.
stefanha
Hi,
This could be an issue with PulseAudio. I recommend using JACK on Linux (or bypassing PulseAudio and using the ALSA device directly).

If you haven't used JACK before, try qjackctl. It's a graphical tool for running the JACK server and configuring audio/MIDI routing.

One important thing when using JACK is that PulseAudio must not access the device while JACK is using it. You can disable devices with the pavucontrol utility. Go to Configuration and select Off.

You can select between ALSA and JACK in jammr's sound settings. Please make sure to start JACK before launching jammr.
andycam660
Im also running Ubuntu and experiencing the same issue.
i did get the metronome working once with extremely faint guitar playing. But subsequent logins have no audio and no metronome.
Cri
stefanha
You can disable devices with the pavucontrol utility. Go to Configuration and select Off.

If you don't have JACK, an easy way to disable pulseaudio temporarily and use ALSA directly, is using the pasuspender utility (from the pulseaudio-utils package in Debian).

Just run:
 pasuspender -- jammr

When you exit jammr, pulseaudio will be re-enabled automatically.

BTW Hi everyone, I've just re-installed jammr after a loooong time, and it was nice to still find people jamming here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.