jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 March 29, 2020 15:41:51

Gezzatron
Profile   Send e-mail  

MIDI interface greyed out

Hi people,

My keyboard is connected to my computer's internal audio interface- it should be fine for MIDI (works for notation software) but the MIDI options are greyed out. Anyone know why that might be?

Thanks,

Gezz

#2 March 29, 2020 18:10:31

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Sound settings cannot be changed while you are connected to a jam session. Please go to File | Disconnect to disconnect. Then go to jammr’s settings again and you will be able to change them.

#3 April 2, 2020 10:03:22

bevan10
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hoping someone can help me set up.

I have a Korg Kross II keyboard which has a mic input line (I've connected the mic in there - so if I plug headphones into the keyboard I can hear both keys and vocals). The keyboard also has a USB out line which I've connected to computer and tested (as a mic part built into other device).

The mic is working on Jammr - I've ticked “play back my audio”; can hear my voice in the new jam I started; but no keyboard sound coming through. Should I be able to connect directly or do I need to connect the keyboard to a speaker and route back through the mic?

I'm using Windows WASAPI audio system, Microphone Array (Realtek Audio) input device, Speakers/Headphones (Realtek Audio) output device, 48000hz sample rate and 5.33 latency.

Any suggestions please; I feel like I'm so close to joining the action!

Edited bevan10 (April 2, 2020 10:07:28)

#4 April 3, 2020 09:08:28

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

If I understand correctly you have:
Vocal mic -> Keyboard -> Computer

If you record the Headphone Output or Audio L/R Outputs from the keyboard then the computer will definitely receive both keyboard and vocals mixed together.

You can also try USB. The KROSS 2 manual doesn't describe how the USB audio interface works in detail, so I'm not sure whether keyboard and vocals are mixed together into a single channel or whether there are multiple USB audio channels. jammr only records the first channel (or first two channels for stereo), so it's possible that you would only hear either the keyboard or the vocals if the KROSS 2 has separate USB audio channels.

In your post you mentioned the “Microphone Array (Realtek Audio) input device”. Does this mean you are connecting the headphone output to the computer's soundcard mic input? That should work and you should hear both keyboard and vocals.

#5 April 8, 2020 12:19:26

bevan10
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks stefanha - yes got it working with USB!

Board footer

Moderator control