Search - User list
Full Version: V-Drums and Jammr, not going well!
Root » Technical support » V-Drums and Jammr, not going well!
MaddogMiller
Hello
I have a set of Roland V-drums.
I have my output going into the line in on my pc (window 10).
The I have my headphones on pc going back into my “mix in” on my roland.
This works well on audacity.
But when in a session, people say they are getting echo, and I think its from me.
If I bypass the headphones into my kit and go straight to my ears, I get lag, not much but enough.

So I am not really sure how to set this up so it doesn't affect other users, and I get no lag.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Larry
stefanha
Hi Larry,
Yes, this setup would cause an echo because the V-Drums will play the audio received from jammr via the mix in through the headphone output that jammr is recording.

Have you tried adjusting the Latency setting in jammr's sound settings? When set too low you will start to hear audio glitches (crackling noises and other artifacts). There is a trade-off between achieving good latency and no audio glitches.

Usually 5 milliseconds latency is the lower limit, but it depends on your hardware. I record the output of electronic drums through a USB audio interface with “Play back my audio” enabled in jammr and the latency is acceptable. If you have a chance to try a USB audio interface then that might solve the latency problem with your computer's soundcard.

One workaround might be using audio cable splitters. Instead of connecting the cable to the Mix In on the V-Drums you join the V-Drums headphone output together with the computer audio output:
1. V-Drums output splits into two cables: 1 for the computer input and 1 for you to monitor.
2. Another audio splitter joins the monitor signal together with the computer output.
Horrible but maybe it will work!
gth2004
Larry,
Something else to consider…:
You may want to check if the Roland mix-in input gets mixed with the Roland outputs you select..
Not sure what model you have but on the TD-8 the mix-in input (from the PC in my case) gets mixed in With the master outputs on the Roland..

This could result in an echo going back to the other players ?

Setting the outputs to direct rather than master on the TD-8 results in the mix-in input not going to the PC..
At least that’s the case on the TD-8…..the Roland block diagram shows this..

Gary H
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.